These no-bake berry oat cups are a healthy, vegan, and refined sugar-free snack to enjoy in the morning or afternoon! The oat cup is made with oats, peanut butter, and maple syrup, and the berry jam is a mixture of raspberries and strawberries! For some extra added sweetness, they are topped with melted chocolate.
These berry granola cups are so easy to make, especially since they are no bake, and are a filling snack to enjoy between meals. The berry jam is homemade and does not have any added sugar in it either! I got inspired to make these from my no-bake strawberry thumbprint cookies that are vegan, gluten-free, and refined sugar-free! They both make the best no bake healthy dessert!
Ingredients you will need to make your no-bake berry oat cups
- Oats: The oats are your main ingredient in the oat cup! You can use quick or rolled oats, but not steel cut oats.
- Peanut butter: This will act as the binding ingredient to make the oats stick together. It also adds a delicious flavour mixed with the berries and chocolate.
- Maple Syrup: This will also help the oats and peanut butter stick together and give the oat cups a natural sweetness.
- Frozen strawberries & raspberries: These berries will be what naturally sweetens your oat cups. Make sure your berries are frozen so you can easily thaw them out and mash them into a jam consistency.
- Chia Seeds: Adding chia seeds to the frozen berries is what will make you achieve a jam consistency. Adding only frozen berries will make it too watery.
- Chocolate: You can use chocolate chips or pieces of a chocolate bar. You can use dark chocolate if you’d like, but make sure your chocolate is vegan if you want to make this recipe vegan.
- Coconut Oil: Adding coconut oil to the chocolate while melting it makes it more smooth.
Tips on making the perfect no-bake berry oat cups
- Make your homemade jam first. The jam is made from frozen raspberries, frozen strawberries, and chia seeds. In order for the jam to thicken, it needs to sit for a little while. This is why it is best to make it first, and then make your oat cup.
- Let your oat cups harden in the freezer. When you are making the oat base, it is important to place them in the freezer so they can harden before adding the berry layer. When you finish making them, it’s also important that you store them in the freezer so they do not melt.
- Top your chocolate layer with some flaky salt. This is optional, but highly recommended. The little bit of salt brings out the sweetness of the chocolate and is just absolutely delicious!
How to store your berry cups
Place your berry oat cups in an airtight container and place in the freezer. They will last up to one month. Placing these oat cups in the fridge will make them melt. Before enjoying, leave your oat cup out for 10-15 minutes before eating.
**I am an amazon affiliate partner, and any purchase you make on this post makes me earn a commission. Thank you for your support!**