No-bake chocolate peanut butter hearts are the perfect Valentine’s Day treat for you or to enjoy with someone you love. They’re vegan and have a smooth peanut butter centre, along with a crunch from crushed peanuts! These chocolate peanut butter hearts take only 35 minutes to make, and you only need four ingredients!
If you want an easy Valentine’s Day dessert that requires minimal time and ingredients, this is your recipe! Even if it isn’t Valentine’s Day, these chocolate peanut butter hearts are the perfect way to tell someone you love them (or tell yourself). If you don’t have heart-shaped molds, you can use any shape! They can be chocolate peanut butter squares, or you can make them as cups. Whatever your heart desires! If you choose to make them as cups, you can use the circular muffin molds to make some vegan no-bake berry oat cups too! They also require minimal ingredients and no baking required!
Ingredients needed to make these no-bake chocolate peanut butter hearts
- Chocolate. The star of the show (besides the peanut butter). You can use any brand of chocolate you’d like! I prefer a semi-sweet taste, but you can use dark chocolate, milk, etc.
- Coconut Oil. This will be added with the chocolate while you melt it. It makes the chocolate smoother and shiny when it is melted.
- Natural Smooth Peanut Butter. This is the second star of the show! I used smooth peanut butter since it’s easier to spread onto the chocolate. I have not tried using crunchy peanut butter because smooth gives it the best consistency.
- Unsalted Peanuts. For an added crunch!
Tips to make perfect chocolate peanut butter hearts
- Melt your chocolate in increments & with your coconut oil. Melting chocolate in the microwave is the easiest way to do it! Make sure you add your chocolate and coconut oil in a bowl and microwave it in 25-30 second increments. Stir in between each increment until chocolate is completely melted and smooth.
- Add bottom layer of chocolate and freeze first. If you don’t freeze the bottom layer of chocolate, your peanut butter will get stuck to the chocolate and be very hard to spread. Make sure you freeze the base chocolate layer for 10-15 minutes before adding your peanut butter.
- Press peanuts into peanut butter. If you don’t push the peanuts into the peanut butter, the top chocolate layer will be uneven. Use your hand or a spoon to push them into the peanut butter.
How to store your chocolate hearts
Place these chocolate peanut butter hearts in an airtight container in the freezer. They will last up to one month. Before enjoying, leave out in room temperature for 10 minutes to thaw.
**I am an amazon affiliate partner, and any purchase you make on this post makes me earn a commission. Thank you for your support!**