Lemon lovers, unite!! If you have a love for lemon desserts, then this post is for you! I have never personally been a fan of lemon/citrus desserts, but when the taste isn’t too strong and there are other fruits involved, I can definitely see what the hype is all about.
What’s great about this recipe is that it is customizable, meaning if you like your desserts extra lemony, you can add more zest or lemon juice and less blueberries, or even use oranges! I personally find that lemon and blueberry is a delicious mix, and you should try this loaf to believe it!
This recipe is:
I used oat flour to make it gluten-free, and used chia seeds and water instead of an egg to make it vegan (rest assured, this recipe will work well with a regular egg). And #PROTIP: using frozen blueberries makes this recipe 100000x better because you get that extra blueberry juice when you thaw them out AND the batter becomes slightly blue/purple. WIN.
Now let’s get into this recipe! Be sure to tag me @riris_recipes on Instagram in your recipe remakes!
Blueberry Lemon Loaf (Gluten-free and Vegan)
Cook Time: 50 minutes at 350ºF
Servings: ~12-15 slices (depending on the size of your loaf pan)
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Zest of 1 lemon (not too much; too sour afterwards!) and some juice from it
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 chia eggs (2 tbsp chia seeds + 2 tbsp hot water)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup frozen and thawed out blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Prepare chia egg in a small bowl and set aside.
- Add oats to food processor and pulse until a flour texture forms. Add in remaining dry ingredients and mix together.
- Grate lemon zest into dry ingredients an squeeze some of the juice to the mixture.
- Add in remaining wet ingredients and chia egg (do not add blueberries yet!) and mix until batter forms.
- Add in blueberries and mix well
- Spray loaf pan with cooking spray or line with parchment paper. Pour in batter and top with remaining blueberries or nuts, seeds, etc.
- Let cook for approximately 50 minutes at 350, let cool and enjoy!