Starting off 2020 with a super delicious, easy, and chewy vegan chocolate chip cookie recipe! These cookies have been previously shown on my Instagram page, and I am so excited to share the recipe with you all!
These cookies are one of the easiest cookies to make, and take less than 30 minutes to prep and cook! They are 100% vegan but are still chewy, chocolatey, sweet, and comforting.
Ingredients you’ll need for these chewy vegan chocolate chip cookies
You will need wet and dry ingredients. For the wet, you will need some vegan butter (I used Earth Balance), vanilla extract, and some water to make your flax egg. For the dry ingredients, you will need some brown sugar and coconut sugar, flax seeds, all-purpose flour, baking soda, and salt. Lastly, you will need some chocolate chips!
Tips on how to make these chewy vegan chocolate chip cookies perfect
- Cream butter and sugar. No need to melt your butter! Vegan butter is normally very soft. Melting it will make your cookie spread too much. Using a hand mixer, cream your butter with coconut and brown sugar.
- Add in flax egg after creaming butter and sugar. After creaming butter and sugar, add in your flax egg. Then, add in your vanilla extract and mix well with a hand or stand mixer.
- Add in salt and baking powder before flour. I add the smaller quantities of dry ingredients before my flour.
- Add in all-purpose flour a bit at a time. Wether you are using a hand or stand mixer, add in the flour slowly. Do not dump all of the flour in all at once. The dough will mix better if you add the flour one tablespoon at a time.
- Fold in chocolate chips. You want your chocolate chips to stay whole, so fold them in with a spatula. A mixer will crush them!
- Use a cookie scooper to form your cookies. This will ensure that all your cookies are the same size. Once you scoop them, pat them down on the baking tray so they’re more flat. Do not leave them as a ball on your baking tray.
How to store your chocolate chip cookies
Place cookies in an airtight container and place in the fridge for up to one week. You can also leave these cookies out for about 3-4 days. If you would like to freeze them, you can place them in an airtight container in the freezer for about one month.
I hope you all enjoy this recipe! They are super easy to make and yummy! They basically melt in your mouth, and are the perfect, chewy texture that every cookie should have! If you’re looking for more delicious vegan desserts, you will love these no bake healthy peanut butter truffles!
**I am an amazon affiliate partner, and any purchase you make on this post make me earn a commission. Thank you for your support!**