HEALTHY, FLUFFY, CHEWY, BROWNIES. Need I say more? Chocolate is my biggest weakness, and these brownies do NOT disappoint. Also, no guilt after eating these because they are made with real, healthy ingredients (and made by yourself of course!) I don’t like labelling food “good” or “bad”, since it’s important to eat everything we love in moderation, but if you want an indulgent snack to enjoy during the week, I know I love to prep snacks I make myself with REAL, wholesome ingredients.
If you love experimenting with ingredients, then this recipe is for you! Made with chickpeas, they give these brownies an incredible texture, and flavoured with cocoa powder and pure pumpkin puree. (Drooling already!)
I had tried making these brownies without almond flour, and it worked as well, however the brownies were a little softer, and the batter was more liquidy. The almond flour really thickens the batter, and you can feel free to use any other flour you’d like!
Now let’s get into the recipe! Don’t forget to tag me in your recipe remakes on Instagram @riris_recipes for a repost!
Chickpea Pumpkin Brownies (Gluten-Free, Vegan)
Servings: 25 brownie pieces
Cook time: 1 hour at 350°F
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup almond flour (add more if needed)
- 1/2 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Dash of cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
Chocolate pumpkin topping:
- 1 tsp coconut oil (melted)
- 2/3 cup chocolate (melted)
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin puree
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Rinse and drain chickpeas and add to food processor. Add in remaining ingredients except those for chocolate pumpkin topping and pulse until well combined (Should be a pretty thick consistency).
- Line a 9×9 inch glass baking dish with parchment paper and pour batter into tray. Set aside.
- Place chocolate in a bowl with 1 tsp of coconut oil on top and melt in microwave in 25-30 second increments, stirring in between. Once melted, stir in pumpkin puree.
- Pour chocolate pumpkin topping on top of brownie batter and spread over entire brownie mix. Add additional chocolate chips to top if desired (highly recommended) and let cook for 1 hour.
- Take out of oven, let cool, and enjoy!