Is consuming less refined sugars a goal of yours for 2019? If it is, or if you want to try and eat sugar from more natural sources like fruits, then this recipe is exactly what you need! With only 1g of sugar per cookie (from the banana!) and a hint of cocoa, these cookies are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth, without all the added sugar!
I got 32 cookies, however feel free to make them bigger if you prefer larger oatmeal cookies. These cookies are made with almond flour, coconut flour, and oats. I always love incorporating oats into most of my cookies because they provide so much energy, which I personally find so important to incorporate in a snack. Because who doesn’t love an oatmeal cookie during that mid-afternoon slump?!
Now let’s get into this recipe! If you make these, share them with me on Facebook or Instagram @Riris_recipes ! I always love seeing your recipe recreations!
Note: These cookies are only sweetened with banana and have cocoa powder. If they are not sweet enough for your liking or are slightly bitter due to the cocoa, simply add a touch of maple syrup, applesauce, chocolate chips, or sweetener of your choice! They will not be sugar-free if this is added, however you are free to make them to your liking!
Chocolate Banana Oatmeal Cookies (Sugar-free, Gluten-free, Vegan, Keto)
Cook Time: 15 minutes at 350ºF
Servings: 32 small cookies
- 2 super ripe bananas
- 1 cup oats
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (or nut butter of choice)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Dash of cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Add in all wet ingredients (banana, coconut oil, almond milk, and peanut butter) to a bowl or food processor and mix together until well combined; no banana chunks remaining.
- Add in all dry ingredients to wet and mix well until batter is formed, no chunks remaining.
- Using a cookie scooper or spoon, scoop dough into balls (will be slightly liquidy – that’s okay!) and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake cookies for 15 minutes, remove from oven, let cool, and enjoy!