Oh hello! I cannot believe it’s already mid December – and more importantly – almost the end of the year! It’s crazy how fast this year has flown by, but I honestly cannot wait for 2019!
2018 was the beginning of Riri’s recipes Instagram page and this blog, and I am so grateful to have the opportunity to be creative, bake, and share different recipes with the rest of the world! With that being said, I have another healthy recipe to share with you all before the holidays begin. I created healthy chocolate chip zucchini muffins to enjoy before, during, or after the holidays 😉 These muffins are great any time of year, and a perfect way to sneak in your veggies, even if you’re enjoying them as a snack!
These muffins are vegan and refined sugar-free, but still super delicious and just the right amount of sweet!
I hope you enjoy them as much as I do, and don’t forget to share your recipe recreations with me on Instagram by tagging me @riris_recipes so I can share them!
Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins (Vegan, Refined Sugar-Free)
Servings: 12 muffins
Cook time: 20 minutes at 350ºF
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Dash of cinnamon
- 1 zucchini, finely grated
- 1/2 cup almond milk (or your favourite nut milk)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 chia egg (1 tbsp chia seeds + 1 tbsp warm water)
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Optional: 1 scoop of Botanica Health Perfect Greens powder – unflavoured
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Prepare chia egg in a small bowl and set aside for 5 minutes
- Grate/shred zucchini in a bowl, and add in all wet ingredients together (almond milk, maple syrup, and chia egg) stir, and set aside.
- In another bowl, add all dry ingredients together and mix well. (*Do not add chocolate chips yet!)
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until well combined (you can also mix everything in a food processor!)
- Stir in chocolate chips with a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Line or spray a muffin tray and pour in batter until 3/4 of the way full.
- Optional: top with additional chocolate chips, and bake for 19-20 minutes (depending on your oven) or until top begins to crack and brown slightly)
- Remove from oven, let cool, and enjoy!