Could there be anything better than a bowl of cozy quinoa veggie stir fry? Fall is soon approaching, and I notice I crave warm, comforting, and veggie-packed meals during this season. It is so simple to make, easy to pack for lunch the next day, and super satisfying!
Ingredients you’ll need to make this quinoa veggie stir fry
All you’ll need to make this recipe is some quinoa, a bag of frozen veggies of your choice (my favourite is Thai styled veggies) and some edamame. You’ll also need some olive oil for cooking your veggies, a few cloves of garlic, and spices to give this dish some flavour. The spices you’ll need include salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, turmeric, and paprika. You can also add some soy sauce or liquid coconut aminos to add more flavour to this recipe.
It makes the perfect meal to pack to work or school for lunch, and has amazing plant-based protein because of the quinoa and edamame. You can also add in some beans or plant-based chicken/ground meat for extra protein.
How to store your cozy quinoa veggie stir fry
You can place your quinoa in an air tight container in the fridge for up to one week. I would not recommend freezing it since it may lose its flavour, and this type of dish tastes better when it’s fresh.
This cozy quinoa veggie stir fry also pairs well with this spicy spinach avocado dressing! It packs a punch of spice, is loaded with greens, and gives the quinoa a delicious flavour. Now let’s get into the recipe!
Cozy Quinoa Veggie Stir Fry (V, GF)
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked quinoa
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 4 cups frozen veggie mix I used Thai style mix and 1 bag of edamame – I usually eyeball the amount of veggies I throw in the pan. The more the merrier!
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- optional add-ins: beans, vegan ground meat, etc.
- Cook 1 1/2 cups of uncooked quinoa as directed on package in a pot filled with water.
- While the quinoa cooks, take a large pan and heat it on medium-high heat. Drizzle the olive oil and add in the minced garlic.
- Once garlic is fragrant, add in mixed veggies and let cook for about 5 minutes, then add in all the spices. If the veggies begin to stick, add in a little bit of water.
- Keep cooking veggies until tender (can pierce with a fork; about 20 minutes).
- Once veggies are cooked, add in quinoa and stir everything until well combined. (If the mixture is bland after adding the quinoa , add more spices).
- Scoop quinoa veggie stir fry into a bowl and enjoy!
**I am an amazon affiliate partner, and any purchase you make on this post make me earn a commission. Thank you for your support!**