The only thing better than chocolate is double chocolate, and these double chocolate raspberry donuts sure do deliver. They are naturally sweetened with frozen raspberries, applesauce, and maple syrup, and are a perfect snack or treat to enjoy with a tall glass of almond milk, hot chocolate, coffee, or anything else you love.
Although it’s fall and this recipe isn’t pumpkin-flavoured, I thought I would take a little break from it and bring you all a recipe that anyone will love- from young children to adults! (Plus, I have tons of other pumpkin recipes for you to make like my pumpkin peanut butter chocolate fudge!). I actually made these with one of my younger family members, and let’s just say we had to control ourselves from eating the batter before we cooked it.
Ingredients needed to make your double chocolate raspberry donuts
- Almond Milk. This will help make your donut dough very smooth.
- Maple Syrup. To naturally sweeten your donuts.
- Flax. This will be your egg replacer. Flax seeds are also full of omega-3s and fibre!
- Applesauce. Another natural sweetener to your donuts!
- Salt. For good measure. And to also bring out the sweetness of the donuts.
- Whole Wheat Flour. The main dry ingredient of your donuts.
- Oats. Any type of whole oats will work. (i.e. rolled oats, quick, etc. However, I would not recommend using steel cut oats.
- Baking Powder + Baking Soda. To make your donuts grow and become fluffy when they cook!
- Cocoa Powder. To make them chocolatey!
- Frozen Raspberries. For that fruit flavour, and another great way to naturally sweeten your donuts.
- Chocolate Chips. Because it wouldn’t be dessert without some chocolate.
Once these donuts were cooked, they were so light, fluffy, and the perfect balance of chocolatey and sweet from the berries. They only take about 20 minutes to make and require minimal ingredients. So get in your kitchen and get to baking!
How to store these double chocolate raspberry donuts
Place the donuts in the fridge to keep fresh for about 5-6 days in an airtight container. If you’d like to freeze these, you can do the same thing and keep them for 1-2 months.
I hope you enjoy this recipe. You can also check out my other recipes like my avocado hummus recipe for a delicious and healthy appetizer! Please tag me in your recipe creations on Instagram @riris_recipes! I’d love to share all your creations 🙂
**I am an amazon affiliate partner, and any purchase you make on this post makes me earn a commission. Thank you for your support!**