What could be better than biting into a fluffy vegan banana muffin? Basically nothing. That’s why you need to make this fluffy banana muffin recipe. Sweetened with bananas and a touch of maple syrup, it makes for the perfect mid morning snack or post-dinner dessert. These muffins are also gluten-free and refined sugar-free. Like I said, what could be better than this?
These muffins are also gluten-free since they are made with almond flour and oat flour. However, oats can sometimes contain traces of gluten, so if you are gluten intolerant it’s best to make sure the oat bag says it is certified gluten-free.
Ingredients needed to make these fluffy vegan banana muffins
For these muffins, you’ll need some wet and dry ingredients. For the wet, you will need bananas, peanut butter, maple syrup, and almond milk. As for the dry ingredients, you’ll need flax seeds (for the flax egg), almond flour, oat flour, baking powder and baking soda, some cinnamon, and chocolate chips.
It would be a crime to not make these muffins since it only takes about 30 minutes to make, and gives you 12 muffins. Perfect to keep for the week whenever hunger strikes!
These fluffy vegan banana muffins are:
- Naturally sweet
- Moist (I know, sorry for using this word, but they are!)
How to store these fluffy vegan banana muffins
You can place these muffins in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week. You can also freeze them by placing them in an airtight container and putting them in the freezer for up to one month.
If you love all things banana, try my banana bread energy balls! They are no bake, chewy, soft, and so delicious!
Fluffy Banana Muffins (GF, RSF)
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp flax, 3 tbsp hot water)
- 1 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Make flax egg: In a small bowl, add 1 tbsp flax seeds and 3 tbsp hot water and let sit for 5 minutes.
- If you do not have oat flour, take a food processor and pulse 1/2 of oats until blended into a flour texture. Remove from food processor and place in a separate bowl.
- In the bowl, add in all dry ingredients and mix until all dry ingredients are combined.
- In a food processor, add in all wet ingredients, including flax egg and pulse until all ingredients are well combined.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and use a spatula to mix batter together.
- Fold in chocolate chips with spatula.
- Line or spray a muffin tray with muffin liners or cooking spray and scoop dough with cookie scooper to make sure all muffins have an equal amount of batter in them. Top muffins with additional chocolate chips.
- Place in oven and let cook for 30 minutes at 350ºF.
- Once they are cooked, remove from oven and let cool for at least 10-15 minutes. Remove from muffin tray and place in an air tight container.
**I am an amazon affiliate partner, and any purchase you make on this post make me earn a commission. Thank you for your support!**