Fluffy vegan pumpkin pancakes are the perfect way to kick off a beautiful fall Sunday morning. It’s such a delicious seasonal breakfast recipe that I love having every weekend. What’s a Sunday morning without pancakes?!
I love having super simple recipes for breakfast since I wake up starving and I don’t want to spend too much time cooking (obviously want to spend more time enjoying a delicious pancake stack). That’s why this recipe is super simple and only requires 1 bowl and a hand mixer. Using a hand mixer is great for this recipe because it helps to incorporate all of the ingredients together and does not leave any clumps of flour behind.
Pumpkin Pancake Cooking Tip
I have made these pancakes on a frying pan before and they’ve turned out well, but nothing compares to cooking pancakes on a griddle! I cook 3 pancakes at a time, they all cook evenly (at the same temperature) and they become so fluffy! I never cook pancakes on anything else because it is SUCH a game changer. Trust me, you need one if you want outrageously fluffy cakes for breakfast.
Another tip is to use a hand mixer to blend all your ingredients together. It ensures there are no flour clumps left in the batter and really combines everything together.
I also love to add blueberries to my pancakes! I don’t mind chocolate chips in my pancakes, but it’s not my go-to for breakfasts (I know you probably think I’m crazy but what can I say, blueberries are truly the s tier fruit if you ask me). You can opt out of the blueberries and put chocolate chips instead, but I find blueberries or any other berry adds a delicious, light, natural sweetness to the pancake.
These vegan pumpkin pancakes are:
- Super fluffy
- naturally sweet
- pillowy soft
- pumpkin-flavoured (but not too much!)
And, if you’re looking for another delicious pumpkin recipe, you can try this pumpkin spice vegan french toast!
Fluffy Vegan Pumpkin Pancakes
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp flax seeds + 6 tbsp warm water) – (can use chicken eggs)
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 4 tbsp pure pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp granulated white sugar
- 2 cups plant milk (I use either almond, cashew or oat milk)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Handful of blueberries, mixed in batter (optional)
- In a small bowl, make your flax egg. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add in flax egg, white sugar, pumpkin puree, plant milk, baking powder, and baking soda, and mix with a hand mixer until well combined.
- Add in the flour one tablespoon at a time while blending everything together with the hand mixer. Once all the flour is added to the batter, continue blending until no chunks remain and everything is well mixed.
- Then, using a spatula, fold in the blueberries.
- Plug in your griddle and spray it lightly with cooking spray (you only need to spray it once at the beginning). Turn the heat of your griddle to 400ºF. Once it is hot, use a ladle to pour one scoop of batter onto the griddle. You can cook 3 pancakes at a time.
- Once the edges of the pancake start to brown slightly and bubbles form in the middle of the pancake (after about 1 minute), gently slide a spatula underneath it and flip your pancakes.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 for the rest of your pancake batter.
- Once your pancakes are cooked, top with nut butter, bananas, berries, maple syrup, or whatever you’d like!
**I am an amazon affiliate partner, and any purchase you make on this post make me earn a commission. Thank you for your support!**