Healthy peanut butter truffles that are no bake, vegan, gluten-free, and delicious! They are a fancier version of a peanut butter ball, but so much more creamy and decadent (and dipped in chocolate!). They take only 20 minutes to make and can be enjoyed as a snack or dessert.
What you’ll need to make your peanut butter truffles
So, all you’ll need for these healthy peanut butter truffles is a bowl and spoon for equipment. As for ingredients, you’ll need some peanut butter, maple syrup, almond flour (this is the one I use), chocolate (chocolate bar or chocolate chips will do!), and coconut oil!
How to make your truffles
These truffles are no bake, so combine all ingredients besides chocolate and coconut oil in a bowl until it turns into a ball of dough. The dough should be hard enough that you can scoop it and roll into a ball. The dough makes about 48 mini balls (if you make them super small!). Roll the peanut butter filling and place it on a parchment lined baking tray. Once the dough is all rolled, place the tray into the freezer for about 20-30 minutes to harden. While they’re hardening, you can melt your chocolate and coconut oil in the microwave. Once the peanut butter filling has finished hardening, dip each ball into a bowl of chocolate to coat them, and place them back on the baking tray. Repeat for the rest of the balls, sprinkle with some coarse pink salt and place back in the freezer for another 20-30 minutes!
How do I store my truffles?
You can store these healthy peanut butter truffles in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks or in the freezer for up to 3 months! I prefer keeping them in the freezer since they last longer. Before enjoying, remove from the freezer and let them sit for about 10 minutes. They become very hard and frozen, so it’s best to wait before enjoying so you can really taste the smooth peanut butter and chocolate!
If you’re looking for more delicious, vegan, no bake desserts, make my healthy homemade raw twix bars!
Healthy Peanut Butter Truffles
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp almond flour
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add all ingredients except chocolate and coconut oil, and mix well until a ball of dough forms.
- Using a teaspoon, scoop dough into small round balls and place on parchment paper. Repeat for rest of the dough.
- Once all the dough is rolled into balls, place tray in freezer for 20-30 minutes to harden. While dough is hardening, make chocolate coating.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add your chocolate chips and coconut oil, and microwave in 30 second increments, stirring between each increment until chocolate is fully melted.
- Remove tray from freezer, and using a fork and spoon, dip each ball of peanut butter dough in chocolate and place back on baking tray. Repeat for remaining balls, sprinkle with chunky sea salt (optional), and place back in the freezer for 20-30 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and transfer to airtight container, or enjoy immediately!
**I am an amazon affiliate partner, and any purchase you make on this post make me earn a commission. Thank you for your support!**