Are you meal prepping for the week and unsure of what to make? Tired of making the same old protein like chicken, beef, etc? Then this tofu recipe is for you! It is a great meat alternative for anyone looking to change-up their weekly meal routine, or even looking to go vegan or vegetarian. SPOILER: The tofu tastes like chicken 😉
The first thing I did was open the tofu packaging and rinsed it under water and patted it try with a paper towel. Then I wrapped it in a few paper towels, put it on a plate, and put a heavy bowl on top of the tofu for about 15 minutes to make sure the excess water is drained out. Then I cut it up into cubed and placed it in a container.
The next thing I did was seasoned it will all the spices and the most amazing sesame and tamari sauce I found at my local grocer (You can use any flavour you’d like, I just love this one the most!)
Once I added all the spices inside, I closed the container and shook everything so that it was properly mixed. Then, I let it marinate in the fridge for at least one hour. (overnight works too to get more flavour!)
After an hour, I placed the tofu on a baking sheet, preheated my oven to 400 degrees, and let it cook for approximately 28 minutes. If you want it more crispy you can put it on broil for another 2 minutes, but make sure to watch it because it can burn quickly!
And that’s it! If you ever need more help, message me on Instagram or watch my Instagram highlights! You can find out how to make this recipe step by step on my profile. If you remake this recipe, don’t forget to tag me with the hashtag #ririsrecipes on Instagram! 🙂
Oven-Baked Tofu (Vegan, Gluten-Free)
Servings: 4-6 people
Cook Time: 24-30 minutes
- 1 package of extra firm tofu
- Sesame and Tamari sauce (I eyeball the amount of dressing, and you can use any dressing you’d like)
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- Sesame seeds
- Onion Powder
- Any other spice you’d like!
- Rinse tofu under water and pat try with a paper towel. Wrap it in a few paper towels, put it on a plate, and put a heavy bowl on top of the tofu for about 15 minutes to make sure the excess water is drained out. Then, cut tofu into cubes and place in container.
- Add in all spices and dressing of choice, close container, and shake well. Let marinate in fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Once well marinated, spread tofu cubes on a baking sheet
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, and cook for 24-30 minutes. (Let cook longer if you prefer your tofu crispier!)
- Remove from oven, let cool, and enjoy with any meal!