This oven-roasted acorn squash is the perfect winter food to add as a side to any meal! Spring is so close, yet so far, and it’s the perfect time to still enjoy warm, hearty meals. This squash is also a great way to get an extra boost of veggies to any meal!
You might fool whoever you’re feeding by making them think these are potatoes – but they might even taste better. Yep, I said it. Acorn squash is such a delicious veggie to roast and season in the oven because they have a light, sweet, taste, and taste like a butternut squash too. They’re super easy to make, and take about 30 minutes to prep.
Ingredients you’ll need to make this oven roasted acorn squash
You will need 2 acorn squashes, some spices, and breadcrumbs. Adding the breadcrumbs to your acorn squash will give it a delicious crunch and added flavour. For the spices, you will need some salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, turmeric, and parsley. You can also add some cayenne pepper if you like spice!
How to prepare your squash
Once you cube and season your squash, place it on a lined baking tray. I love using my silicone baking mats since they’re reusable and better for the environment. You don’t have to spray them either so you don’t have to worry about food getting stuck to them! I use them for almost everything that has to go in the oven.
If you’re looking for more squash recipes, try my oven roasted cubed buttercup squash!
Oven-Roasted Acorn Squash
- 2 acorn squash peeled and chopped into cubes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 3 tsp onion powder
- 3 tsp garlic powder
- 3 tsp parsley
- 3 tbsp breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Take acorn squash and place in the microwave for 1 minute (this helps to make them easier to cut!)
- Peel and cut both acorn squashes into cubes and place in a large bowl.
- Add in mix of spices (I eyeballed the spices, just be sure to add in enough to get in all the flavour)
- Mix in spices with a spatula or your hands to make sure the squash is well coated.
- Line an aluminum pan with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat and place the squash on it.
- Let cook for about 40 minutes at 375ºF.
- Remove from oven, let cool, and place in a container to store or eat right away!