Oven roasted sage sweet potatoes are the definition of fall to me, and the perfect warm food to add to any meal. They are absolutely delicious, and so easy to incorporate any spice you’d like!
Sweet potatoes are a weekly staple in my house because we just never get tired of eating them! What I love about these sweet potatoes is the sweetness from the potato, and the beautiful mix of flavours from all the spices – especially the sage. It gives the potatoes a warm, cinnamon-like flavour that makes every bite mouth-watering.
Ingredients you’ll need for these oven roasted sage sweet potatoes
You will need sweet potatoes of course, and a handful of delicious spices. These include salt and pepper, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, parsley, and fresh sage leaves. The sage is what makes this recipe and potatoes taste so mouth-watering, but if you don’t have sage you can omit it. These sweet potatoes taste delicious with just about any seasoning, even just some salt and pepper! But, adding more spices will up the flavour.
How to prep and cook your sweet potatoes
Preparing these oven roasted sweet potatoes takes about 15 minutes. This includes chopping the potatoes with a sharp chef’s knife and adding the spices, while cooking takes approximately 45 minutes. The spices are the key to this ingredient, so being generous and putting in enough of each spice will give these sweet potatoes the perfect amount of flavour while they roast in the oven!
Once your potatoes are seasoned, you can line them on parchment paper or silicone baking mats (my personal favourites! They’re inexpensive and better for the environment) and cook your potatoes for 45 minutes at 375ºF.
These sweet potatoes are:
- Crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside
- Full of spice
If you’re looking for more savoury side dishes, make my easy vegan rice and vegetables recipe!
Oven Roasted Sage Sweet Potatoes
- 4 medium sized sweet potatoes, washed, dried, peeled, and cubed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 handful of fresh sage leaves
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp parsley
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper or silicone baking mats, and set aside.
- Rinse and dry 4 medium sized sweet potatoes. Once dry, use a potato peeler and peel off the skin of the sweet potatoes.
- On a cutting board, use a large chef's knife and chop sweet potatoes in cubes.
- Toss all cubed sweet potatoes in a bowl and add in all the spices. Toss everything together until the spices are well incorporated.
- Toss potatoes onto your baking tray and spread out sweet potatoes evenly on the tray. Make sure no potatoes are stacked over each other to ensure they all cook evenly.
- Place tray in the oven and let cook for 45 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and let cool in the tray for about 10 minutes.
- Once sweet potatoes are cooled, place in a glass container and store in the refrigerator. Can keep in the fridge for 1 week.
**I am an amazon affiliate partner, and any purchase you make on this post make me earn a commission. Thank you for your support!**