Pan-fried snacking chickpeas are the perfect go-to snack or side to add to any meal! They are a great source of plant protein (19g of protein in 100 grams!) and fibre (17g per 100 grams!). Pan frying these chickpeas is much quicker than having to roast them in the oven, and they are still full of flavour!
Ingredients You’ll Need
All you’ll need for these pan-fried snacking chickpeas is 1 can of chickpeas/garbanzo beans (they’re the same!) or approximately 2 cups of dried and cooked chickpeas (any colour/type of chickpea works). Then, you’ll need (dried) spices! I love using turmeric, cayenne, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, cumin, dried parsley flakes, and nutritional yeast. You can add in any other spices of your choice, these are just the ones I always have in my kitchen.
How do I cook my snacking chickpeas?
These chickpeas are cooked on a frying pan in under 10 minutes! Simply mix the chickpeas and spices in your frying pan until they turn a light, golden colour and are fragrant.
How long can I keep my pan-fried snacking chickpeas?
You can keep your snacking chickpeas in the fridge for up to one week! I would not recommend keeping them longer than that since they are beans, and cannot stay cooked very long.
How do I store my chickpeas?
You can keep your chickpeas in a glass airtight container in the fridge. Some snacking chickpeas that are sold come in bags and can stay in the pantry, but these chickpeas are not as crunchy as the ones you purchase. The ones you are making are much more fresh, so they must be stored differently
What’s the taste and texture like?
These chickpeas / garbanzo beans are soft and full of flavour. They are not as crispy as oven-roasted chickpeas since they are cooked on the stove in under 10 minutes, but they are absolutely delicious!
Pan-Fried Snacking Chickpeas
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained (or 2 cups dried and cooked chickpeas)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1/2 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Take a medium-sized frying pan and spray with cooking spray. Place on stovetop but do not turn on the heat yet.
- Open a can of chickpeas, rinse them in a colander, and drain the water. Toss chickpeas in frying pan. (If you are cooking your own chickpeas, cook them as directed on the package. Once cooked, place them into your frying pan.)
- Add all of your spices onto your chickpeas, and turn the stove on medium-high heat. Let chickpeas cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Once chickpeas start to sizzle and become fragrant, toss them with a wooden spoon and continue cooking until they become a light golden colour.
- Once your chickpeas are cooked, turn off the heat and place chickpeas into a glass airtight container.
**I am an amazon affiliate partner, and any purchase you make on this post make me earn a commission. Thank you for your support!**