I’m giving you guys another meal prep recipe because, let’s face it, having food prepped for the whole week takes one task off your to-do list during the week and makes you feel like you have your life together, am I right? So without further ado, I present to you all, parsnip fries.
I just recently discovered these at my local grocery store and am SO obsessed with them! They are from the same family of the carrot, and have so many nutritional benefits. They can improve heart health, boost your immune system, enhance your vision, strengthen brain health, aid with weight loss, and so much more!
I wanted to put a spin on my sweet potato fries I normally make, and these were AMAZING! They are:
- Makes for a great side dish
These were super easy to make and the only ingredients you need besides the parsnips are spices (and maybe some dipping sauce for serving). They also take only 25 minutes to cook, so your dinner can be ready in a flash for the same night AND you’ll have leftovers for the rest of the week.
Now, let’s get into the recipe!
Parsnip Fries (V, GF)
Servings: 4-6 people (or 1 person for a whole week)
Cook Time: 25 minutes at 350ºF
- 1 bag of parsnips (I usually get about 5-6 in one bag), sliced lengthwise
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Cayenne Pepper
- Nutritional Yeast
- *Note: I did not measure all these spices and you can too based on if the parsnip slices are evenly coated with spices
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut off ends of parsnips and peel them. Once cut and peeled, rinse them under water and pat them dry with a paper towel.
- Once dry, cut parsnips in half and then cut them lengthwise to the thickness of your choice (I prefer mine thinner) and place parsnip slices into a bowl.
- Once done cutting, add in all spices to parsnip bowl and mix well.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and spray it with cooking spray (I use chosen foods avocado and coconut oil spray, you can also use Pam or spread a thin layer of avocado/olive oil onto the sheet with your hands)
- Place parsnip fries evenly onto baking sheet and spray a little more cooking spray on top of fries.
- Let cook for 25 minutes. let cool, and enjoy!