I know I know, we’re almost in the month of March, but anything pumpkin flavoured is always in season in my book! This granola is perfect all year round and can be adapted to any flavour you’re craving!
One of the reasons why I love granola so much is because it is so versatile, and when it’s homemade you know EXACTLY what you’re putting in it! No added sugars or chemicals that are harmful to you; just delicious and nutritious ingredients like oats, pumpkin seeds, almonds, etc. that make a great topping to yogurt bowls, or eaten as cereal with some almond milk.
I had extra pumpkin leftover in my fridge which is was led me to make this pumpkin granola. However, this could easily be any other flavour! The two main liquid ingredients I used was pumpkin puree and coconut oil, however you can just add more coconut oil or apple sauce, honey, (will not be vegan though) or maple syrup. Whatever your heart desires!
Now let’s get to the recipe! Don’t forget to take pictures and tag me on Instagram @riris_recipes if you remake this recipe. I love seeing all of your recipe remakes!
Pumpkin Spice Granola (Refined Sugar-Free, Vegan)
Servings: 8 servings
Cook Time: 30 min
- 3 cups oats (rolled oats, quick oats; anything works!)
- 1 tbsp coconut slices
- 1-2 tbsp of salted almonds, chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- Dash of cinnamon
- 1 tsp all spice (or pumpkin pie spice)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp hemp hearts
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp pecans, chopped
- 3 tbsp pure pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (optional if you prefer a completely unsweetened granola)
- Any other add ins you’d like: Dried fruit, raisins, etc
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix together with a silicone spatula. (If you cannot mix with a spatula, it’s best to use your hands to make sure everything is mixed well).
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and pour granola into pan and press it firmly together(*see image at bottom for reference*).
- Let cook for 25 minutes at 350ºF. Once done cooking, remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes and try to break up granola into pieces and mix around in tray.
- Put oven on broil, and place granola back in the oven for 5 more minutes for extra crunch!
- Remove from oven, let cool and enjoy!
- Store in a sealed glass jar for up to 1 month.
*Reference for step 3*