Pumpkin spice vegan french toast is the perfect seasonal recipe to make this fall. It’s got just enough pumpkin, spice, and a bit of sweetness to it. All it takes is some toast, one flax egg, some plant milk, pumpkin puree, and spices!
I love making french toast because it spices up having plain toast in the morning and makes breakfast look a little more fancy. It only takes about 10 minutes to cook in a frying pan and it adds such a delicious spice to the toast. In addition, flaxseed meal is a great way to get in your omega-3’s and fibre!
When making the pumpkin spice vegan french toast…
The liquid flax egg/milk mixture can be made for only two slices of toast, but there will be extra egg mixture leftover. You can use it to make 4 slices of toast, or simply add a little less milk if you don’t want extra of the egg mix. What I like to do is pour over the leftover milk onto a slice of toast that is already cooking in the frying pan. It looks like an omelette that surrounds the toast! If you’d rather not pour the extra mixture over your toast, you can simply use whatever amount you need.
This vegan french toast is:
- Crispy on the outside, soft on the inside
If you’re looking for more delicious breakfast recipes, try out my fluffy vegan pumpkin pancakes!
Pumpkin Spice Vegan French Toast
- 4 slices of toast (or 2 if for one person)
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp flax + 3 tbsp water)
- 2 tbsp pumpkin purée
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds (optional)
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- Place bread in toaster and let toast. While it is toasting, make egg/milk mixture.
- In a plate or wide bowl (wide enough to fit a slice of toast in), make flax egg by adding 1 tbsp flax seed and 3 tbsp warm water. Let it set for about 3-5 minutes.
- Next, add inn pumpkin purée , cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, hemp seeds, and almond mix and whisk with a small whisk, spoon or fork (anything works!)
- Once all ingredients are mixed well together, take a frying pan and spray with cooking spray and turn the temperature to medium-high heat.
- While the pan is heating up, dip one side of your toast in the egg/milk mixture, turn over and dip the other side.
- Place toast on frying pan and let cook for about 1-2 minutes, then slide a spatula underneath to ensure it is not sticking, and flip to let cook on the other side.
- Once cooked, place toast on a plate and repeat steps 5 to 6 for the rest of your toast.
- Top french toast with fruits, maple syrup, nuts, nut butter, or anything else you love!