Looking for the healthiest and most delicious tasting vegan burger this summer? Look no further, Riri’s got you covered!
I created the most delicious burgers that are:
- Perfect for summer!
These burgers only take about 10-15 minutes to make, and another 10-15 minutes to cook, making them perfect to make for any summer event or for you to enjoy any night of the week.
I used red kidney beans, however feel free to use any other beans you like! This recipe is very versatile and can be any bean burger you desire. Red kidney beans have a lot of iron and protein, like other beans, which is why these burgers are perfect for anyone who is deficient in these vitamins.
The first thing I did was rinse and drain out my beans, then poured them into my food processor. I then added 1 cup of cooked quinoa (I had previously cooked it for other recipes and had extra), then washed some baby spinach leaves and poured them into the food processor. I then added all the remaining ingredients and spices to my food processor and blended it all together. It will blend for the first 5 seconds, then it will be harder to blend together. What I did and what I recommend doing is to take a spoon and stir in between pulses in order to mix all ingredients together to ensure there are no clumps when preparing the burgers.
Once all is well mixed, I used a 1/2 cup scooper and put in the burger mixture in order to form a round, patty shape. I then tapped out all the mixture onto a parchment paper-lined rectangular pan.
I got 10 patties from my mixture. Once they are all formed, cook your burgers in a 350 degree oven for about 10-15 minutes, or until you see that they are turning brown around the edges and on the top. Feel free to flip them mid way, however I didn’t flip mine and they came out perfect!
Red Bean Quinoa Burgers (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free)
Servings: 10 burgers
Cook Time: 11-15 minutes at 350
- 1 can of red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- big handful of fresh spinach
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 tbsp flaxseed meal + 2.5 tbsp warm water (or a real egg if not vegan)
- 1 tbsp hemp hearts
- Salt and Pepper
- Garlic Powder
- Cayenne Pepper
- Open a can of red beans and put in a colander. Rinse under cold water, drain out excess water, and pour into food processor.
- In a small bowl, add 1 tbsp of flaxseed meal and 2.5 tbsp warm water and mix until it holds together and has an egg consistency
- Take one cup of cooked quinoa and add it to food processor.
- Rinse a big handful of spinach and add it to the food processor.
- Add in all spices, and process together. It may not process or blend well, in which case using a spoon and scraping off the edges and mixing it manually after the first few pulses works well.
- Once everything is processed together, use a 1/2 cup scooper and put dough inside to form a circle for the patties. (You can also use your hands)
- Place patties on a rectangular pan lined with parchment paper, a few inches apart (don’t worry, they don’t grow!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and cook for about 11-15 minutes, depending on your oven, or once patties turn slightly brown.
- Enjoy with your favourite toppings and dressings!