Spice up your next dish with this spicy spinach avocado dressing! It’s packed with greens, a little bit of hot sauce, and herbs to really bring the flavour to any meal. If you like a little bit of spice, this dressing is for you.
Ingredients you’ll need to make this spicy dressing
All you’ll need to make this dressing are some ripe avocados, fresh spinach, herbs, tahini, garlic cloves, lemon, and some hot sauce. What’s great about this recipe is that you can customize how much you’d like to add of each ingredient. You can add more hot sauce if you love spicy, add more water to make the dressing more runny, etc. The hot sauce I used to make this recipe is the Nando’s PERi PERi Hot Sauce. It’s mildly spicy, but adds a delicious flavour to this dressing.
How to store this dressing
You can keep this spinach avocado dressing in a jar or airtight container in the fridge for up to 5-6 days. Because this recipe is made with an avocado, it may become a dark green colour. if you want this dressing to stay and look fresh, add one avocado pit! It will keep the green colour super vibrant and fresh.
This spicy spinach avocado dressing tastes amazing when paired with my cozy quinoa veggie stir fry! You can give this dressing a try with the quinoa stir fry, or with another dish. Spreading this dressing on a slice of bread with vegan cheese, and fresh tomatoes is also delicious! The possibilities are endless with this spicy spinach avocado dressing!
Spicy Spinach Avocado Dressing (V, GF)
- 1 1/2 or 2 small/medium avocados
- 1/4 lemon squeezed
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 handfuls of fresh spinach
- 1 tsp hot sauce (I used the Nando's PERi PERi Hot Sauce)
- 2 tsp tahini
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 3 tbsp water (can add more or less depending on the consistency you want)
- In a food processor, add in all ingredients except water and pulse until well combined.
- Pulse for about 5-10 seconds, stop, and scrape down the sides of the food processor with a spoon or spatula. Continue pulsing until no big chunks remain.
- Take a container or jar and pour in the dressing.
*Note: I am an Amazon Affiliate partner, and if you purchase from the link in my blog posts, I make a commission! Thank you for your support.