I don’t know about you, but I LOVE sweet loaves/breads. Banana bread, pumpkin loaves, zucchini, the possibilities are endless! Including this loaf recipe I just created with SWEET POTATOES. I am not kidding when I say this recipe is one of the best loaf recipes I have probably ever made.
This bread is:
- Naturally sweetened
I could go on and list a bunch of reasons why this loaf is amazing, but the best way for you to truly know for yourself is to make it!
This recipe tastes best with almond flour, which is what also makes it super chewy and delicious. The boiled sweet potatoes also makes the dough very “wet”, which helps you achieve the dense loaf texture that will make anyone drool over a slice.
I am also an avid chocolate lover, so adding chocolate on top or in the loaf is optional, but highly recommended ;). I used my favourite chocolate chips by Enjoy Life because they are sugar, nut, and soy-free which is how chocolate should be.
Now let’s get into this recipe! Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @riris_recipes if you make this so I can share it!
Sweet Potato Loaf (V, GF, Oil-free, RSF)
Cook Time: 1 hour at 350ºF
Servings: ~10 slices, depending on thickness of slice
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- Dash of cinnamon
- 1 tbsp flaxseed
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup diced and boiled sweet potatoes (previously boiled before using in this recipe)
- 1 small spotty banana
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- Handful of chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add all dry ingredients, mix well, and set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse together cubes of sweet potatoes and banana until well combined (Make sure sweet potato cubes are cooled off before pulsing).
- Add in remaining wet ingredients to food processor and mix until well combined.
- Add in dry ingredients to food processor and mix until a batter forms. The batter will be a bit liquid-y, but that’s what you’re looking for!
- Add in handful of chocolate chips and mix with a spatula (do not process – we want the chocolate to stay in tact!)
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray, and pour in the batter.
- Top with more chocolate chips (optional) and let cook for 1 hour.
- Let cool and enjoy!