Fall is almost in full swing, and this weather has me craving all things comfort food. What could be better than some carrot cake cookies, and healthy ones at that? I’ll take the whole batch, please!
These vegan carrot cake cookies are so chewy, soft, and lightly sweet. They’re a great way to get in some veggies while making it taste good! These cookies are also full of good-for-you ingredients like whole wheat flour, oats, flax seeds, and walnuts.
Ingredients needed to make your vegan healthy carrot cake cookies
- Carrots. The star of this recipe!
- Flax Seeds. As the vegan egg replacer.
- Vanilla. For a touch of sweetness.
- Coconut Oil. A healthier oil option to make your cookies fluffy.
- Maple Syrup. For a healthier sweetener.
- Almond Milk. For a splash of almond flavour.
- Spices. A mix of spices like cinnamon, all spice, and cloves will give these cookies a bold flavour.
- Whole Wheat Flour. To help bind the oats together with the other ingredients.
- Oats. To bind well with the whole wheat flour, and absorb other wet ingredients.
- Raisins. Because it wouldn’t be carrot cake without raisins, right?
- Chocolate Chips. For a touch of added sweetness.
- Walnuts. To add a nice crunch!
- Pineapple Juice. This adds so much flavour! It’s optional, but I would highly recommend including it.
How to store your carrot cake cookies
These carrot cake cookies can be placed in an airtight container after being baked and cooled. Can be stored in the fridge for up to 5-6 days. You can also freeze these cookies for about 1-2 months.
If you want more delicious cookie recipes, make my chewy vegan peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookies! Made with only 10 ingredients, and takes 15 minutes to bake!
The best Healthy Carrot Cake Cookies (V, RSF)
- 2 medium-sized carrots, shredded
- 2 tbsp flax seeds + 4 tbsp warm water
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 heaping tsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- Dash of cinnamon
- Dash of all spice
- Dash of cloves
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup oats
- Handful of raisins (about 1/4 cup)
- Handful of chocolate chips (about 1/3 cup)
- Handful of crushed walnuts (optional)
- Pineapple juice, for added flavour optional but makes the cookies taste amazing!
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Add first 6 ingredients (wet ingredients) into a food processor and pulse until well combined.
- Add in remaining ingredients except raisins, chocolate chips, and walnuts and pulse in food processor until well combined, no chunks or flour remaining.
- Fold in chocolate, nuts, and raisins with a spatula until spread out everywhere in the dough.
- On a baking tray lined with a silicone mat or parchment paper, scoop dough with cookie scooper or tablespoon onto tray. You can make them whatever size you like!
- Bake cookies for 15 minutes or until edges are golden brown and the centre is puffed up.