If you’re looking for a tasty, meatless version of a classic meatball recipe then look no further! These meatless meatballs are packed with protein, a delicious blend of spices, and texture similar to real meat!
These tofu meatballs are:
- Soft on the inside and crunchy on the outside
For this recipe I used one block of extra firm tofu from Sunrise Soya Foods (my favourite tofu brand – not sponsored!) I also added in one shredded carrot and one zucchini, and a mix of spices I use regularly like paprika, turmeric, and garlic. I also rolled the meatballs in a “breadcrumb” mixture of flaxseeds, hemp hearts, sesame seeds, and nutritional yeast. This recipe is extremely customizable, and you can add in any other veggies or seasonings that you think would taste great! These meatballs takes only 30 minutes of your time, so you get to enjoy them afterwards!
If you make this recipe, do not forget to tag me on Instagram @riris_recipes so i can share your post! I love sharing recipes that are delicious and healthy, and hope to inspire you all to try out some of my recipes!
Tofu Meatballs (Vegan, Gluten-free)
Cook Time: 25 minutes at 375ºF
Servings: ~25 meatballs
- 1 package of extra-firm tofu (I used the Sunrise Soya Foods brand)
- 1 large carrot, finely grated
- 1 medium zucchini, finely grated
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp sesame tamari marinade (can use any other flavour of dressing you like)
- 4 tbsp flaxseed meal
- Nutritional yeast (I eyeballed the spices-you can taste test to see if there is enough flavour and add more if needed for all the spices)
- Cayenne Pepper
- Salt and Pepper
For the “breadcrumb” coating:
- 4 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp hemp hearts
- 4 tbsp flaxseeds
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Open package of tofu and rinse under warm/cold water and pat dry with a paper towel. Break up block of tofu in 3-4 pieces and place in food processor (break it up so it blends better).
- Add in remaining ingredients to food processor and blend until completely combined, no chunks remaining. Consistency should be similar to hummus or any other type of spread, but a little thicker. (It’s normal if looks slightly wet!)
- Using a cookie scooper, scoop tofu mixture and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Once all the tofu mixture is shaped into meatballs and are on the baking tray, sprinkle a generous amount of the breadcrumb coating on top of the meatballs.
- Let cook for 25 minutes, remove from oven and let cool before enjoying!
Stainless Steel Cookie Scoop. (n.d). Retrieved from https://www.wilton.com/stainless-steel-cookie-scoop/417-1112.html
Sunrise Soya Tofu & Soy Foods | Made In Canada. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.sunrise-soya.com/
Disclaimer: I am an amazon affiliate, and if you purchase the cookie scooper from amazon, I will make a profit from this sale.