Say hello to the best, healthiest, and most delicious snack ever! These vegan banana bread energy balls are no bake and vegan, but a whole lot of delicious! These banana bread energy balls are filled with plant-based protein to keep you satisfied between meals, and are naturally sweetened with fruit!
Tips on how to make your vegan banana bread energy balls
This recipe (and any energy ball recipe) is amazing because you can easily substitute any ingredients you have to make it the flavour you’d like. Plus, you can add in any protein powder you’d like! The best part about this recipe is is that it’s made in one bowl! All you have to do is throw all the ingredients in, stir, shape, and they’re ready to eat! Now, let’s get to baking:
Add in mashed bananas, cinnamon, peanut butter, coffee grains, oats, maple syrup, flax seeds, hemp hearts, and protein powder and stir with a silicone spatula. Once all the ingredients are well incorporated, add in chocolate chips and stir together.
The dough should be a nice consistency that is thick enough to roll into balls. If the batter is slightly too runny to roll into balls, add 1 tbsp at a time of oats and mix until the texture looks like the image above.
Once all the ingredients are blended together, roll into balls and place on a parchment-lined baking tray. Place in the fridge (or freezer to harden quicker or if they are soft), wait about 30 minutes, and they are ready to enjoy!
Another delicious banana recipe you can try out are my fluffy vegan banana muffins! They make a delicious morning snack or dessert.
Vegan Banana Bread Energy Balls
- 2 ripe bananas (mashed)
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 tsp coffee grains (optional but adds a nice flavour!)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp flax seeds
- 1 tbsp hemp hearts
- 1 scoop vegan protein powder (my favourite is Botanica Health Vanilla flavour!*)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (or add as many as your heart desires. No judgement)
- Mash bananas in a large bowl, and proceed to add in the rest of the ingredients except chocolate chips. Mix all ingredients with a spatula until well incorporated.
- Add in chocolate chips and mix until they are evenly distributed.
- Prepare a pan lined with parchment paper and roll the dough into balls.
- Place balls in the fridge or freezer to harden for about 30 minutes before enjoying.
- Place in an air tight container and keep in the fridge for about 1 week.
*This is not sponsored by Botanica Health, however the links in this post are affiliate links.*
**I am an amazon affiliate partner, and any purchase you make on this post make me earn a commission. Thank you for your support!**