Vegan cauliflower stuffing that has ALL the flavour and is perfect to make for Thanksgiving dinner. This years Thanksgiving may not be the same because of COVID-19, but doesn’t mean we still can’t enjoy delicious meals with the people in our homes! This vegan cauliflower stuffing is a delicious side dish that takes only 25 minutes to make! It’s great for anyone who doesn’t eat meat or is eating low carb.
Ingredient Tips for making cauliflower stuffing
For this recipe, you can either buy a bag of riced cauliflower to save some time, or you can chop up one head of cauliflower and rice it in your food processor. You can also feel free to use any other vegetables you have on hand! I love using frozen vegetables because they’re simple and easy to add in and don’t require much time to prep before adding to your pan. However, you can feel free to add in some fresh zucchini, bell peppers, fresh spinach, fresh kale, or anyhing else you love!
Do I have to use vegan ground meat?
You do not! You can add in beans if you’d like, or keep it to just vegetables. I find the vegan ground meat really adds a delicious flavour and adds some protein to the meal. Since this stuffing is a side dish, it should still have some protein to give it some substance to make you feel full. Therefore, adding beans, vegan ground meat, tofu, tempeh, etc are all great options to add to this dish!
This vegan cauliflower stuffing is:
If you’re looking for a delicious and vegan Thanksgiving dessert idea, try these sweet potato muffins!
Vegan Cauliflower Stuffing
- 1 head of cauliflower, riced (or 1 bag of riced cauliflower)
- 1 zucchini, cubed
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 4 frozen spinach nuggets (or 2 handfuls of fresh spinach)
- 2 cups frozen peas and carrots
- 1 pack of veggie ground beef (I used the Yves brand)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt pepper, to taste
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup vegan cheese (sprinkle after it’s cooked once heat is turned off)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 4 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 2-3 tbsp Avocado oil, drizzled
- In a large pan, drizzle avocado oil and add in minced garlic. Set the temperature to medium-high and let the garlic roast until fragrant.
- Next, add in the frozen spinach and frozen peas and carrots. Pour in about 1/4 to 1/2 cup of water to help the veggies thaw.
- Then, add in the chopped zucchini, bell pepper, and cauliflower and stir all ingredients together. Add more water if veggies start to stick to the pan.
- Next, add in all your spices (save the cheese and breadcrumbs for last) and then add in the veggie ground beef.
- Use a wooden spatula/spoon to break apart the veggie ground until it is in tiny pieces and is dispersed throughout the entire pan.
- Continue to stir the stuffing mixture and let it cook well until the veggie ground turns to a darker, meat-looking colour and the stuffing mixture starts to become sticky and creamy.
- Once the mixture is cooked, add in the breadcrumbs and stir it into the mixture. Turn off the heat and sprinkle your cheese. Mix well and transfer to a serving dish.