Vegan chocolate brownie cookies are exactly what you need when you don’t feel like making brownies in a pan and having to cut them. Yes, cutting brownies isn’t that hard of a task, but it’s a mess we can avoid by making single serve cookies, am I right? These vegan brownie cookies are so fudgy, soft, and take only 11 minutes to cook. And of course, no need to cut these into pieces.
I came up with the vegan chocolate brownie cookies when I was having a craving for a cookie and also a brownie. I wasn’t in the mood to pour batter in a pan, and wanted something that didn’t involve any cutting and that I can scoop nicely with a cookie scooper (my favourite that scoops *so* nicely!). Then came the brownie cookie!
If you are in the mood of making these cookies and some actual brownies, you can make my vegan, gluten-free, chickpea pumpkin brownies which are also so incredibly fudgy and delicious!
Ingredients for Your Brownie Cookies
You will need some plain all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, flax meal, white sugar, almond milk, coconut oil, maple syrup, baking soda, vanilla, baking powder, and of course some chocolate chips! All you’ll need is one bowl to make these cookies, and one smaller bowl to make your flax egg.
When I bake cookies or any dessert, I love using these silicone baking mats. It’s a great way to reduce waste and they are inexpensive! Buying a set of these sheets is more economical over time because you can save on buying parchment paper.
These vegan chocolate brownie cookies are:
Vegan Chocolate Brownie Cookies
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp flax meal + 3 tbsp warm water)
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup almond milk (any plant milk works!)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips (can add more/less depending on how much you want)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Line a large baking tray with parchment paper or silicone baking sheets and set aside.
- In a small bowl, make flax egg by adding 1 tbsp flax to 3 tbsp warm water. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add flax egg and white sugar and mix with a hand mixer until combined.
- Next, add in almond milk, vanilla extract, coconut oil, and maple syrup and mix together.
- Then, add cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and all-purpose flour and mix with hand mixer. Dough may get stuck, so after 5-10 seconds of using hand mixer, switch to a spatula to combine dry ingredients.
- Dough should form a ball and be mouldable. Once no flour remains and dough is well mixed, fold in chocolate chips.
- Using a spoon or cookie scooper, scoop dough (by the tbsp if using a spoon) and place on baking tray. Press down slightly as they do not grow much in the oven.
- Place in the oven and let cook for 11 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove from oven and let cool. Enjoy!
**I am an amazon affiliate partner, and any purchase you make on this post make me earn a commission. Thank you for your support!**