Picture this: waking up, making a nice cup of warm coffee, and enjoying a delicious slice of chewy, vegan coffee banana bread. Now that we’ve set the mood, let me give you the recipe to this beauty so you can recreate this beautiful scene.
But in all honesty, I believe there is truly nothing better than a nice slice of banana bread. What could make it better? Coffee! This recipe has got both of them, not to mention it is vegan, gluten-free, and refined sugar-free. Win win!
Ingredients you’ll need to make this vegan coffee banana bread
For this recipe, you will need some bananas, coconut oil, and maple syrup for the wet ingredients. For the dry ingredients, this recipe calls for flax seeds, almond flour, oats, cinnamon, ground coffee, baking powder, and baking soda. And some chocolate chips, of course.
What makes this banana bread so soft, chewy, and dense? The beautiful mix of the almond flour, oats, and bananas bring together a beautiful and comforting flavour. And who could forget the amazing infusion of coffee grains.
How to store this vegan banana bread
You can place this banana bread in an airtight container and keep in the fridge for about 1 – 1.5 weeks. You can also freeze it! Place the banana bread in an airtight container and place in the freezer for about one month.
If you’re looking for more deliciousness, try out my vegan chocolate brownie cookies! They’re the ultimate cookie brownie crossover!
Vegan Coffee Banana Bread (GF, RSF)
- 3 small bananas, mashed
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp flax seed + 3 tbsp hot water)
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 2/3 cup oats
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground coffee (can use espresso for an intense flavour!)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a small bowl, prepare flax egg and set aside for 5 minutes.
- In a food processor, combine bananas, melted coconut oil, maple syrup, and flax egg. Pulse until combined.
- Next, add in remaining ingredients except chocolate chips and pulse until a smooth texture is achieved and all ingredients are well combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips and stir together with a spatula until chocolate chips are evenly mixed in the dough.
- Spray or line a loaf pan with parchment paper/cooking spray, and pour in batter into loaf pan.
- Top with additional chocolate chips, ground coffee, and cinnamon and let cook for 1 hour.
- Once cooked, remove from oven and let cool for 10-15 minutes before removing from pan.
- Once cooled, cut, and enjoy!