Nothing says fall like a delicious apple recipe, specifically some vegan nutty apple blondies! They are so easy to make, are made with healthy ingredients, made in one bowl, and is such a warm and comforting snack for the fall.
Ingredients you’ll need to make these blondies
This blondie recipe is super simple and only requires main ingredients consisting of whole wheat flour, 2 apples, chopped, some chopped nuts of your choice, plant milk, chocolate chips, nuts of your choice, maple syrup, flax seeds, coconut oil, and applesauce. The nuts in this recipe add a delicious crunch, while the apples make these nutty apple blondies super soft and delicious. The chocolate chips are just a no-brainer for me, because what’s dessert without some chocolate?
Tips on prepping your apples
I like to keep the peel on my apples since they get cooked in the oven and the peel is not as tough. If you prefer peeling them, feel free to do so! You can also chop your apples into very tiny pieces, but it may take more time to chop them in tiny pieces. How I chop my apples is by cutting it in 4 (in half both ways), then removing the center/seeds from the apple. After that, I cut each slice in half and then begin chopping it into smaller pieces. You can see the size of the apples in the photo below!
These vegan nutty apple blondies are:
- Naturally sweet
If you’re looking for another delicious fall recipe, try my pumpkin peanut butter chocolate fudge!
Vegan Nutty Apple Blondies
- 2 tbsp flax seeds (2 tbsp flax seeds + 5 tbsp warm water)
- 3 tbsp coconut oil (1/4 cup, melted)
- 1/2 cup plant milk (I used cashew milk)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp natural smooth peanut butter (heaping tbsp)
- 1 tbsp applesauce
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 apples chopped
- 1 handful chocolate chips
- 1 handful chopped cashews (optional)
- 1 handful chopped hazelnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Spray a 9 inch glass baking dish with cooking spray, then line with parchment paper and spray the paper once again to ensure blondies do not stick. Set aside.
- Rinse, peel (optional), and chop 2 medium-sized apples. Place chopped apples in a bowl and set aside.
- In a small bowl, make your flax eggs by adding 2 tbsp flax seeds + 5 tbsp warm water, and set aside for 5 minutes.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add in flax eggs, melted coconut oil, maple syrup, milk, applesauce, peanut butter, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder and mix together with a hand mixer or a spatula. Mix until all ingredients are well combined and batter is smooth.
- Next, add in whole wheat flour a bit at a time and stir while adding in the flour. Once all of the flour is mixed in, add in the chopped apples and mix well so apple slices are evenly distributed throughout all of the batter.
- Once apples are mixed in, add in a handful of chocolate and chopped nuts and stir all together.
- Pour apple blondie batter in your glass baking dish and evenly spread out batter in the pan. Top with additional nuts, chocolate chips, or cinnamon if desired, and place in oven and let cook for 45 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove from oven and let cool for 10-15 minutes before removing from cooking dish.
- Once cooled, place on a cutting board and cut into 16 squares (make 4 rows horizontally and vertically). Enjoy!
- You can use any type of nuts you like! I just had some cashews and hazelnuts on hand and used them. This recipe can also be delicious with some walnuts, chopped almonds, etc!
**I am an amazon affiliate partner, and any purchase you make on this post make me earn a commission. Thank you for your support!**