Nothing like a walnut lentil meatloaf to kick off fall. If you’re trying to eat less meat (meatless Monday meatloaf? lol) you can give this meatloaf recipe a try! It has a delicious nutty, smoky taste to it that really resembles meat meatloaf and will please everyone at the dinner table.
Ingredients you’ll need to make this lentil meatloaf
Everything you will need to make this walnut lentil meatloaf are pantry staples such as: a can of lentils, walnuts, corn starch, salsa, spices like salt, pepper, turmeric, garlic, etc. olive oil, and some tomato paste. The tomato paste is a really important ingredient in this recipe because it gives the meatloaf that smoky, meaty, and a slight barbecue flavour. And of course the spices are the key to making this lentil meatloaf as flavourful as possible.
This walnut lentil meatloaf is:
- Crumbly (similar texture to a beef meatloaf)
This recipe only takes around 35 minutes to make (prep and cook) total! It takes 10 minutes to prep, and 25 minutes to cook. This walnut lentil meatloaf would also go great with a barbecue sauce or a hot sauce!
How to store your meatloaf
You can place the meatloaf in an airtight container in the fridge for one week. I would not recommend freezing this since it is made of beans, and it may not taste good after more than one week.
If you’re looking for more vegan dinner recipes, you’ll love my vegan stuffed acorn squash! They are also easy to meal prep and full of protein, veggies, and grains.
Walnut Lentil Meatloaf (V, GF)
- 1 can lentils, rinsed and drained (about 2 cups if you are cooking them yourself)*
- 2/3 cup walnuts
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1 tbsp tomato salsa
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Spray or line a loaf pan with parchment paper or cooking spray, and set aside.
- In a food processor, add in all ingredients and pulse. After 5-10 seconds of pulsing, use a spoon or spatula to scrape down the sides. Continue pulsing until no chunks remain.
- Using a spoon or spatula, scoop meatloaf mixture into the lined/sprayed loaf pan. Smooth out the top of the meatloaf, and place in the oven.
- Let cook for 25 minutes. Once cooked, let cool for about 20 minutes before removing from the loaf tray.
- Once the meatloaf has cooled, cut and serve!
**I am an amazon affiliate partner, and any purchase you make on this post make me earn a commission. Thank you for your support!**