This easy vegan gingerbread latte is such a warm and cozy drink to enjoy during the cold winter months. What’s better, it is high in protein and tastes just like a gingerbread cookie! It’s simple to make, and only requires four ingredients to make this latte! It’s perfect to enjoy in the morning with your breakfast, or as an afternoon pick-me-up!
Ingredients to make this vegan gingerbread latte and substitutions
- Coffee. I like using plain black coffee from a drip coffee machine, but you can use any coffee you’d like. If you have a Nespresso machine or other type of coffee you’d want to substitute, it would still be delicious! I would recommend going with a coffee that is not too sweet or that has too much flavour since we’ll be adding almond milk and coffee creamer to give it flavour.
- Almond Milk. This is added to lighten the taste of the coffee. You can use any plant milk of choice, original or sweetened (vanilla flavour). This is up to you and depends on how sweet you like your lattes!
- Vegan Coffee Creamer. I like using the Silk Almond Vanilla Creamer (not sponsored, just sharing what I use!) I also like to use this since my almond milk is unsweetened and gives more flavour to the latte. If you don’t want to use this and only use your vanilla plant milk that is already sweetened, just add the amount of the coffee creamer as your milk.
- Vegan Protein Powder. This is what gives the added protein boost to your coffee and the amazing flavour! I love using the Good Protein Gingerbread Cookie flavour protein powder. It truly tastes like a gingerbread cookie and adds a nice protein boost to your coffee. I personally like drinking this in the afternoon to give me a boost, which is why having the protein in this coffee makes it perfect! You can also use my code RIRI20 to get 30% off your purchase!
- Optional Toppings: You can add vegan whipped cream, cinnamon, marshmallows, and candied trees to make this drink more fun and festive!
Tips on making this delicious gingerbread latte
- Make sure your milk and vegan coffee creamer is warm. If you are using hot coffee that is freshly brewed, ensure to heat up the plant milk and coffee creamer so that your latte stays warm.
- Use an electric handheld frother. This will help to get rid of any clumps from the protein powder and have your latte come out extra frothy.
- Use a piping bag to add your vegan whipped cream to your coffee. This will give a more aesthetically pleasing look to the whipped cream, and makes you feel like you’re getting this latte from a fancy coffee shop 😉
Can I store this gingerbread latte?
If you have any leftover, you can store the latte in a sealed jar in the fridge for about 2 days. If you have any vegan whipped cream left, I would recommend removing it before placing your gingerbread latte in the fridge since it’s best to consume fresh.
- If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with this gingerbread latte, try making my Easy Vegan Cinnamon Sugar Donuts! So simple to make and are insanely delicious.
- Craving more high protein snacks? Look no further than these Vegan Pumpkin Energy Balls! Packed with vegan protein and makes the perfect snack to store in the freezer.
- This Vegan Caramel Apple Bark is the perfect no bake treat you will fall in love with!
Easy Vegan Gingerbread Latte (High Protein)
- 1/2 cup black coffee
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 2.5 tbsp silk almond for coffee (can do 2-3 tbsp depending on your preferred sweetness)
- 1 tbsp vegan protein powder gingerbread cookie flavour from Good Protein
- vegan whipped cream, to top
- cinnamon, sprinkled on top
- marshmallows, to top
- In a mug, pour in coffee, almond milk, coffee creamer, and protein powder. Use an electric frother to whisk all ingredients together. Whisk until frothy and no clumps remain.
- Use a piping bag to optionally pipe vegan whipped cream on your latte.
- Optionally, sprinkle cinnamon, top with marshmallows and candied trees. Enjoy!
*Please note that I earn a commission when you purchase from Good Protein using my discount code. All opinions on the product are my own.*