This vegan holiday chocolate bark will make the best addition to your sweet table this holiday season. It’s the perfect dessert to make because it’s no bake, comes together in no time and will definitely be enjoyed by all your guests. It has the perfect sweet and salty combination from the chocolate, pretzels, graham crackers, marshmallows, and peanut butter. You can keep this holiday chocolate bark in the freezer and keep it handy for a quick and sweet snack or dessert!
Ingredients you’ll need to make this vegan holiday chocolate bark
- Chocolate. You can use a chocolate bar or chocolate chips and melt it with coconut oil. This will make your chocolate melt smoothly for the base chocolate layer for this bark.
- Pretzels. Place these whole or crushed over the melted chocolate. It adds a crunchy layer to this bark. It also adds the perfect balance of salty to this sweet!
- Graham Crackers. I only used one whole graham cracker for this since I didn’t want to add too much to the bark, but it adds such a nice crunch and extra bit of salty to the sweet chocolate.
- Marshmallows. The perfect, most festive holiday addition to this bark! They actually stay quite soft even after keeping in the freezer to harden.
- Homemade Vegan Peanut Butter Caramel OR Regular Natural Peanut Butter. I recreated the viral Vegan Caramel Apple Bark this fall, and I used vegan peanut butter caramel sauce. It is absolutely delicious to add to this bark, however, you can simply use regular creamy peanut butter here.
- Sprinkles. Optional, but adds some extra holiday pizzazz.
- Optional add-ins: Other ingredients I think would be delicious on this holiday bark is crushed candy canes or crushed oreos. You can definitely add anything else you’d like!
Tips on making this holiday chocolate bark
- Melt your chocolate in the microwave in 25-30 second increments with coconut oil. The coconut oil will help the chocolate become very smooth, and the 25-30 second increments will prevent the chocolate from hardening. Make sure to stir in between each increment so the chocolate will become smooth and easy to spread.
- Save 1/4 of your melted chocolate. This extra chocolate you melted will be drizzled on top of all your ingredients for an extra indulgent flavour!
- Press your toppings into the melted chocolate. This will ensure that they stay in place when it’s freezing and will prevent your toppings from falling out when cutting the bark into squares. Some toppings will of course fall out when you cut the chocolate, but pressing them just helps them stay a little more stuck, you know?
How to store your vegan chocolate bark
Place in a container and keep in the freezer for up to one month. I would not recommend keeping in the fridge unless you are planning on eating it within the same day. It will get too soft in the fridge and holds best in the freezer.
- This recipe is actually a combination of my Easy Vegan Chocolate bark and Vegan Caramel Apple Bark. If you love this recipe, you’ll love these too!
- Just in time for the holidays, you need to make my Chewy Vegan Gingerbread Cookies! They are incredibly soft and chewy, and a definite crowd pleaser.
- The holidays are not complete without these Vegan Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti. They’re crunchy yet soft, have a delicious sweet and salty flavour combination, and are so simple to make!
Vegan Holiday Chocolate Bark
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 15 pretzels, whole
- 1 large graham cracker, crushed
- 1/3 cup Marshmallows
- Natural organic peanut butter to drizzle on top of bark
- Sprinkles, to top
- Optional: crushed candy canes, crushed Oreos, etc
- Line a small baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- Melt your chocolate chips with coconut oil in the microwave in 25-30 second increments, stirring in between until fully melted. Pour 3/4 of the chocolate on your baking tray and spread out evenly.
- Place your pretzels onto the melted chocolate.
- Sprinkle your crushed graham cracker on top of the chocolate bark.
- Place marshmallows on chocolate bark.
- Drizzle peanut butter over your holiday chocolate bark.
- Drizzle remaining 1/4 of melted chocolate on top of your bark, top with some sprinkles, then place in the freezer to harden for about 20-30 minutes.
- Remove from the freezer, cut and enjoy!