These vegan pumpkin energy balls make the absolute perfect snack to enjoy when you’re feeling hungry. They are packed with protein and amazing ingredients like chia seeds and hemp hearts to keep you full throughout the day. All you need is 8 simple ingredients and 20 minutes of your time, and you’ve got the healthiest, easiest snack ever!
Ingredients to make these vegan pumpkin energy balls
- Oats. One of the dry ingredients in this recipe and what will help combine all the other ingredients together. You can use quick oats or rolled oats.
- Hemp Seeds. I love including this for some added protein!
- Chia Seeds. These are packed with fibre and perfect to sneak in to these energy balls!
- Maple Syrup. For a healthier added sweetness.
- Protein Powder. I used Good Protein Pumpkin Spice Latte protein powder in this recipe, and it was an absolute game changer for the flavour! It tastes incredible and is packed with plant-based protein. You can use my code RIRI20 to get 20% off your purchase!
- Natural Smooth Peanut Butter. For some healthy fats and to use this as a way to combine our dry ingredients together.
- Pumpkin Purée. Because these are pumpkin flavoured, of course.
- Chocolate Chips. A necessity, always.
Can I substitute or add anything in this recipe?
If you prefer to not include the hemp hearts and chia seeds, you can omit them. If you, however, want to include some flax seeds in place, you definitely can!
You can also add a splash of vanilla extract, or even some cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice!
If you want to swap out the peanut butter, any other nut butter will do. You can also use a seed butter or nut-free spread!
If you don’t want to include the chocolate chips, you can swap them out with some chopped walnuts or any other nut of your choice. You can omit them completely too if you’d like!
Tips on making these delicious high protein pumpkin energy balls
- Prepare all your ingredients beforehand. I like adding all my ingredients to small bowls and having them on the counter next to me while I add them all to a bowl. This helps me visualize all the ingredients and ensures I don’t forget anything!
- Use a tablespoon to scoop the dough into balls. This will ensure you will have all the same sized energy balls.
- Place pumpkin spice energy balls in the fridge to harden. Once you roll out all the energy balls, place them on a parchment-lined tray in the fridge for about 30 minutes. Once they’d hardened, you can transfer to a container and keep them either in the fridge or freezer.
How to store these pumpkin spice energy balls
Place in an airtight container and keep in the fridge for up to two weeks. You can keep them in the freezer, however ensure to thaw them out for at least 5 minutes before enjoying.
- If you’re pumpkin obsessed, you need these Easy Vegan Pumpkin Pancakes in your life. So easy to make, taste delicious and are extra fluffy.
- Looking for more high-protein snack ideas? Look no further than these Easy Vegan Protein Bars! Also made with Good Protein protein powder, but these are made with the Peanut Butter Cup flavour and taste incredible!
- Are you a snack lover? Then this Vegan Peanut Butter Granola is for you! Perfect to top on a yogurt bowl, enjoy with some milk, or eat plain! It also makes a great breakfast idea.
Vegan Pumpkin Energy Balls
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 scoop Good Protein pumpkin spice latte protein powder about 5 tbsp (you can use any protein powder you'd like)
- 1/2 cup natural smooth peanut butter
- 3 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients together and mix with a spatula until well combined.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop the dough and roll out with your hands into a ball and place on parchment paper. Repeat for remaining dough.
- Place tray of energy balls into the fridge to set for about 30 minutes. Remove from the tray, place in an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
*Please note that I earn a commission when you purchase from Good Protein using my discount code. All opinions on the product are my own.*