This vegan peanut butter granola is the perfect breakfast granola to have with non-dairy milk, on top of a yogurt bowl, or by itself! Ready in just 20 minutes, will keep you full and is perfect for snacking! It is so healthy and customizable – you can easily add in any ingredients you’d like! Let’s not forget to mention this granola is so crunchy, you need to make it!
I am so happy to be partnering with Becel to share this incredible breakfast granola recipe. This recipe is truly so unique because not many people would think to add melted plant-based butter to their granola, but once you try it you won’t go back! It really adds that sweet and salty element to the granola, and is so easy to add in to this recipe. It is truly the best and easiest 1:1 swap for dairy butter, so if you consume dairy and are still skeptical, you should definitely try this for yourself!
Ingredients you’ll need to make this vegan peanut butter granola
- Rolled Oats. I love using old fashioned rolled oats because they’re large flakes and hold together well with all the other ingredients.
- Cinnamon. For a little added flavour.
- Melted Vegan Butter. I love using Becel Plant-based salted Butter! I melt the plant-based butter and add it in with all the other ingredients. I find this helps to add a delicious sweet and salty flavour to the granola that elevates the flavour.
- Vanilla Extract. Because it wouldn’t be complete without it!
- Maple Syrup. For some natural sweetness. This is what will give us the sweet flavour in this sweet and salty granola.
- Peanut Butter. I love using the natural smooth peanut butter. it mixes in the best with the granola and the only ingredient it contains is peanuts and salt!
- Walnuts. You can buy them already chopped or lightly chop them with a knife to get smaller chunks in your granola.
- Almonds. These can be salted or unsalted. You can also choose to buy the slivered or chopped almonds to take out some of the prep time. I had whole almonds and roughly chopped them before adding them to my bowl.
- Sunflower Seeds. Feel free to add in whatever seeds you like, this is what I had on hand!
- Cranberries. I love adding some dried fruit to my granola. This is what I had on hand, but feel free to add in raisins, dried pineapple or papaya chunks, etc.
- Additional add-ins: chocolate chips raisins, coconut flakes, or anything else you’d like! For things like chocolate chips and dried fruit, this needs to be added after the granola is cooked. Otherwise, it will burn in the oven!
tips on making the best crunchy vegan peanut butter granola
- Make sure your granola is a little bit sticky/sticks together before baking it. This will ensure that your granola will break off into large chunks once cooled.
- Pat down the granola well with a spatula before baking. Make sure the granola is about 1/2 inch thick, this is the perfect thickness to ensure the granola bakes all the way through and becomes crispy.
- Add in all dried fruits and chocolate once granola is cooked. As soon as you take your granola out of the oven, add in any dried fruits or chocolate directly on top. You can move them around so that it is evenly distributed in the granola and gets some of the warmth from the granola. If you bake your granola with the dried fruits/chocolate, they will most probably burn and won’t taste good, so add these last!
How to store your vegan peanut butter granola
Place your healthy granola in an airtight jar and leave in room temperature for up to 2-3 weeks.
- My Vegan No Bake Berry Oat Cups are the perfect no bake treat! Easy to make and so delicious.
- Try my Healthy No Bake Peanut Butter Truffles, they are also a no bake treat that keep well in the freezer!
- If you’re looking for another easy, on-the-go breakfast option, you will love these Vegan Apple Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
Vegan Peanut Butter Breakfast Granola
- 2 cups rolled oats
- Cinnamon, as desired
- Pinch salt
- 1/4 cup melted Becel Plant-based Butter, salted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup natural smooth peanut butter
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds (salted or unsalted, your choice)
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup cranberries, add once baked
- Additional Add-ins: chocolate chips raisins, coconut flakes, etc.
- Preheat your oven to 325ºF.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a bowl, add in all ingredients except cranberries and stir together. It will be slightly sticky and hold together.
- Pour granola onto baking tray and pat down with a spatula. Make sure granola is spread out into an even layer.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until granola edges turn golden brown.
- Once you take out the granola from the oven, pour cranberries on top and let cool completely before breaking into chunks. When the granola is cold, this is what helps to get those big granola chunks!
**Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Becel. As always, all opinions are my own.**