Say hello to this easy vegan pasta salad! Loaded with veggies, chickpeas, and flavour, you’ll be making this for all your summer bbq’s and beyond! Takes less than one hour to make and no major cooking required (besides boiling the pasta), so this recipe is definitely one worth making!
This vegan pasta salad with chickpeas is the easiest and most delicious summer recipe! It is so easy to make and a perfect dish to bring to a summer bbq, to a potluck, or to meal prep for the week! It’s loaded with broccoli, roasted red peppers, olives, corn, artichokes and more! All of these veggies really give the pasta salad a mix of delicious flavours. The dressing is just olive oil because in my opinion, the simpler the better! Pair this pasta salad as a side with my Vegan White Bean Spinach Burgers, and you’ve got yourself the most delicious summer meal!
Ingredients needed to make your vegan pasta salad
- Pasta. You can use any type of pasta of your choice. I used cavatappi from the brand Colavita.
- Broccoli. You can also use spinach, kale, or any other veggie of your choice!
- Black olives & green olives. I love the mix of flavour the two olive colours add to this salad!
- Fire roasted red peppers.
- Green onions.
- Spices. I used a mix of salt, pepper, dried parsley, turmeric, garlic powder, onion powder, and smoked paprika.
- Olive oil. For your dressing!
What ingredients can I swap out in this recipe?
All of the ingredients in this pasta salad recipe can be changed! One thing I love about pasta salad is how customizable it is. If you only want to add broccoli and olives, you can do that! The choice is yours when making this recipe.
How do I store my easy vegan pasta salad?
You can keep this pasta salad in the fridge for 5-6 days. It is best to eat fresh since there are chickpeas and broccoli in this salad.
Easy Vegan Pasta Salad
- 1 bag pasta of your choice, 450g bag (I used Cavatappi pasta)
- 1 head broccoli, chopped and boiled
- 1 can sliced pitted black olives (398 ml can)
- ½ cup green olives, whole
- 1 can artichokes, rinsed and chopped (398 ml can)
- 1 cup corn niblets
- ½ cup fire roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed (540 ml can)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp dried parsley flakes
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika (or regular paprika)
- ¼ cup + 1 tbsp olive oil (For the dressing. Add more as desired)
- Clean and chop your head of broccoli and boil for about 20 minutes or until it can be pierced with a fork. You can also leave the broccoli raw or more undercooked if you prefer it to be crunchy!
- Once broccoli is boiled, drain and place in a large bowl.
- Boil pasta as directed on package. Once boiled, drain and place in your large bowl with the broccoli.
- Add in remaining ingredients (except spices) and gently stir together.
- Add in all of your spices and olive oil, and add/adjust as needed.
- Let pasta salad cool in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to one hour before enjoying, or eat it warm if you prefer.