These chickpea “egg” salad wraps the absolute BEST wraps you will ever make, no exaggeration. Made with wholesome ingredients like chickpeas, celery, lettuce, and pickles, these wraps are packed with flavour. These “egg” salad wraps take only 10 minutes to make, are so healthy, high in plant protein, and absolutely delicious! You’ll want to be making these for lunch every day!
Ingredients needed to make your vegan chickpea “egg” salad wraps
- Tortillas. You can use any type of tortilla you’d like! Just make sure it is big enough to stuff and wrap.
- Chickpeas. The star of this recipe. You can use other beans like white kidney beans, but I would definitely recommend sticking to chickpeas because the taste and flavour are best for this recipe.
- Celery. This adds a nice little flavour that’s different than the others and adds a nice crunch! TIP: chop up your celery into tiny pieces to avoid large chunks in your wrap.
- Lettuce. For an added crunch.
- Pickles. This adds such a delicious flavour to your “egg salad”. It kind of gives it a Big Mac flavour which is so cool!?! Also, I highly recommend getting the miniature pickles with garlic cloves, since it is a deeper flavour than just regular pickles.
- Lemon Juice. For a little tang.
- Mayonnaise. For that creaminess to your chickpea “egg” salad.
- Mustard. This adds some tang to your “egg” salad.
- Spices. I love using a mixture of salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, turmeric, and a pinch of cayenne pepper.
- Black Salt. Also known as Kala Namak, this is the secret ingredient to getting that delicious egg flavour! You can omit this if you don’t have it, but I highly recommend including it since the flavour is absolutely delicious!
Can I make this chickpea “egg” salad as a sandwich or dip?
Absolutely! I just personally love it in a wrap, but it would be so delicious between toasted or un-toasted sandwich bread, layered with some cheese, avocado slices, and more pickles or lettuce! You can even dip some crackers in this “egg salad” on a charcuterie board! PRO TIP: You can add more lettuce to this recipe and even eat it as a salad! The options are truly endless and I am here for it!
How to store your chickpea “egg” salad
Keep this in a container in the fridge for up to 5-6 days. I would not recommend freezing this as it needs to be eaten fresh.
I really hope you love this recipe as much as I do! If you want even more delicious and easy vegan recipes, try making my Vegan White Bean Spinach Burgers!
Chickpea “egg” Salad Wraps
- 1 can chickpeas (540 ml can)
- 1 stalk celery, chopped into small pieces (about 1/2 to 3/4 cup, chopped)
- 1 cup lettuce, finely chopped/shredded
- 3 mini garlic pickles, chopped into small pieces (about 1/3 cup)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp mustard
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp turmeric
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Black Salt (Kala Namak) I use the Black Salt with the built in grinder and grind it about 3-5 times. Taste and adjust as needed).
- Tortillas or sandwich bread, if assembling as a wrap or sandwich
- Rinse and drain your chickpeas, then add them to a large bowl.
- Using a fork, mash your chickpeas. You can leave a handful of chickpeas unmashed to add some texture.
- Next, add in your chopped celery, shredded lettuce, chopped pickles, lemon juice, vegan mayo and mustard and mix well until condiments are well incorporated.
- Lastly, add in your spices. I like to add a little less salt than usual and then adjust as needed.
- Once seasoning is to your liking, add in Black Salt and mix well.
Assembling your wrap
- Place a tortilla on a plate or cutting board, and add 2-3 spoonfuls of your chickpea "egg" salad mixture to the wrap. You can also add a slice of cheese and mashed avocado to the wrap before adding the "egg" salad mixture. Fold and roll your wrap and enjoy!