No bake peanut butter energy balls are the easiest snack to make and only require 6 ingredients! These energy bites take about 10 minutes to come together and are perfect to have on hand for that mid-morning snack or afternoon pick-me-up.
Ingredients needed to make your peanut butter balls
- Oats. The base of these energy balls!
- Peanut Butter. This adds such a nice creaminess to the energy bites, and also provides you with healthy fats to help keep you full!
- Maple Syrup. For a little added sweetness. (Sweet and salt from the peanut butter, what could taste better?!)
- Hemp Seeds. For an added protein boost.
- Chia Seeds. For an added boost of fibre, omega-3 and 6, and more incredible nutrients!
- Chocolate Chips. Because these truly would not be complete with some chocolate.
What can I substitute or add other ingredients in this recipe?
The peanut butter can be substituted with any other nut and seed butter. I’ve tried making these before with sunflower seed butter and wow butter for a family member with nut allergies, and they turned out delicious!
You can also feel free to add flax seeds or add those in place of hemp seeds. I would not recommend omitting the chia seeds since they absorb in the mixture and help the energy balls stick together.
You can also add in some shredded coconut or vanilla if you’re feeling fancy, but I love the simplicity of this recipe and how quick it is to make!
No equipment required!
All you need to make this recipe is a big bowl and a spatula! Who doesn’t love a one-bowl recipe? Easy clean up and a delicious dessert in just ten minutes? Yes PLEASE! These are no-bake, just like my Healthy Reese’s Eggs which are so delicious and can be made at any time of the year!
How to store your peanut butter energy balls
You can place these no bake peanut butter energy balls in the freezer for up to 3 months. You can keep them in the fridge for about 5-6 days. I would recommend keeping them in the freezer since they stay more fresh, and just simply leaving them out to thaw for about 5 minutes before enjoying.
No Bake Peanut Butter Energy Balls
- 1 cup oats
- ½ cup natural smooth peanut butter
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl and stir together with a spatula until well combined.
- Line a small tray with parchment paper and set on your workspace. Using a small cookie scooper or small spoon, scoop your dough and roll into a ball with your hands. Place energy balls on parchment paper and repeat with remaining dough.
- Place peanut butter balls in the freezer for about 10 minutes to harden, then transfer to a container and keep in the freezer to store, or enjoy immediately!
2 thoughts on “No Bake Peanut Butter Energy Balls”