Easy vegan apple loaf is definitely one of the most cozy desserts you can make for yourself this fall. Made with ingredients like whole wheat flour, oats, plant milk, cinnamon, and walnuts, this apple bread will definitely satisfy. It is made in one bowl, and takes only 15 minutes to come together; what could be better!
Ingredients to make your easy vegan apple loaf
- Whole wheat flour. The main dry ingredient. I like using whole wheat flour for this recipe because it makes the apple bread a little more texture-y.
- Oats. To add some texture to the loaf.
- Baking Powder. To help make this loaf perfectly fluffy!
- Applesauce. Naturally sweetens this apple bread.
- Maple Syrup. Our natural sweetener.
- Almond Milk. You can also use any other plant milk you’d like!
- Coconut oil.
- Apples. Of course.
- Walnuts. To add a little crunch.
- Chocolate chips. We would never leave them out of any dessert recipe!
P.S. No (vegan) eggs! I always love when a recipe can be made without eggs/vegan egg replacer. The texture is just as fluffy and moist if you were to add an egg.
Tips on making your vegan apple loaf
- Add all wet ingredients to your bowl first. All them to a bowl and make sure to whisk well before adding the dry ingredients.
- Press your additional toppings into the loaf before baking. This will prevent your chocolate chips or chopped nuts from falling out of the dough while it is baking in the oven.
What ingredients can I substitute in this recipe?
You can swap the applesauce for mashed banana if you’re running low! Banana has a stronger taste than apple in my opinion, but it would definitely work well and give this loaf an added flavour. As for the almond milk, you can definitely use any other plant milk you’d like. I haven’t, however, tested this recipe with all-purpose flour, but it should work as well. You may need to add a little more flour since whole wheat can be more dense.
How to store this easy vegan apple loaf
Place the loaf in the fridge for up to one week. It can also be frozen for up to one month.
- Try my no bake peanut butter energy balls for a quick mid-morning snack!
- Bask in all that fall has to offer with my vegan sweet potato pear loaf
- If you’re craving more loaf recipes, look no further than my vegan gluten-free chocolate zucchini loaf
Easy Vegan Apple Loaf
- ½ cup applesauce
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup almond milk (or plant milk of choice)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2-3 apples, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, plus more to top
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, plus more to top
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a bowl, add in all your wet ingredients and whisk well.
- Next, add in all dry ingredients and whisk together.
- Add and fold in apples, walnuts, and chocolate chips to the batter with a spatula.
- Pour batter to loaf pan, top with additional nuts and chocolate chips and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 10-15 minutes. Enjoy!
*I am an amazon affiliate partner, and any purchase you make on this post makes me earn a commission. Thank you for your support!*
2 thoughts on “Easy Vegan Apple Loaf”