Vegan apple oatmeal breakfast cookies are the coziest snack or on-the-go breakfast for the fall! These cookies take only 10 minutes to make, are made with less than ten ingredients, and are so fluffy and soft! These oatmeal breakfast cookies are made with no refined sugar, which makes them perfect for breakfast or a mid-morning snack.
Ingredients you need to make these vegan apple oatmeal breakfast cookies
- Flax seeds. This will be our vegan ‘egg’.
- Maple syrup. To sweeten.
- Applesauce. To give these cookies more of an apple flavour and to add a little more sweetness.
- Vanilla extract. For an added pop of flavour.
- All-purpose flour. The main dry ingredient to mix with the oats.
- Rolled oats. The oats add a nice texture to the cookies and gives them a nice breakfast vibe.
- Baking powder. To make these cookies nice and fluffy!
- Apples. The star of the recipe. The main attraction. The ‘apple’ of this recipes eye.
- Chocolate Chips. These are optional if you’d prefer no chocolate but definitely adds more sweetness to the cookie since there’s no sugar in them!
What ingredients can I substitute in this recipe?
If you don’t have applesauce, you can use a mashed banana instead. This will definitely give these cookies more of a breakfast taste and would be delicious topped with peanut butter. Additionally, you can swap the all-purpose flour for whole wheat flour, although I have not tried it. It should still come out just as good, you may need to just add in the flour a bit at a time in case the whole wheat flour makes the cookie dough too thick.
How to store your healthy apple oatmeal cookies
Keep cookies in a container in the fridge for up to one week or freeze for up to one month.
- Make my Easy Vegan Apple Loaf
- Try these Easy Vegan Apple Blondies
- Looking for something more decadent? I’ve got you covered with my Fudgy Vegan Avocado Brownies
- Craving something fruity? How about my Single Serve Vegan Peach Crisp!
Vegan Apple Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp flax seeds + 6 tbsp water)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup apples, chopped
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, create your flax egg by combining 2 tbsp flax seeds and 6 tbsp water. Let set for 5 minutes.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add your flax eggs, maple syrup, applesauce, and vanilla extract and whisk together.
- Next, add in flour, oats, and baking powder and whisk until well combined.
- Add in chopped apples and chocolate chips and mix with a spatula.
- Using a cookie scooper, scoop your cookie dough onto your baking tray.
- Place pan in the oven and let cook for 15 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before enjoying.
*I am an amazon affiliate partner, and any purchase you make on this post makes me earn a commission. Thank you for your support!*