These vegan apple walnut muffins with streusel topping are truly what dreams are made of. They are incredibly fluffy, have just the right amount of sweetness to them, and have a delicious streusel crumble on top that will make your mouth water!
These healthy vegan apple muffins are the perfect way to say hello to fall. They are so cozy and warm, and are so easy to make! They make for the perfect snack to pack to school or work, and are also a delicious dessert. These vegan apple muffins are also made with no oil, so if you’re looking for a muffin with a healthier alternative, these are it!
Ingredients needed to make these vegan apple walnut muffins with streusel topping
- Vegan Butter. To give these muffins a true bakery style taste!
- White Sugar. For some sweetness.
- Brown Sugar. For that 2.0 sweetness.
- Almond Milk. Or any plant milk of your choice.
- Apple Cider Vinegar. This will react with the almond milk and create a vegan “buttermilk”
- Cinnamon. For a little extra spice.
- Baking powder. To fluff up these muffins!
- All Purpose Flour. Our main dry ingredient.
- Apples. To give these muffins some fall flavour!
- Walnuts. For a nice added crunch.
- Rolled Oats. Used in our streusel topping.
Tips to making the perfect apple walnut muffins
- Whisk melted butter and sugars first. Make sure these are mixed well before adding your other ingredients. You want the consistency to be very creamy before you start adding in other liquids and the dry ingredients.
- Add your baking powder last. I find that this makes the dough extremely fluffy and almost looks like it’s growing when you add it in at the end! Also make sure not to over-mix the dough, otherwise it won’t be as fluffy.
- Don’t skip the streusel topping! These muffins are naturally not very sweet, so the streusel crumble adds an extra little bit of sweetness that makes the flavour pop. If you’re craving some extra sweetness, you can even make a simple icing to drizzle on top with some almond milk and powdered sugar!
How long can I keep these vegan apple walnut muffins?
These muffins can be stored in the fridge for up to one week or frozen for up to one month. These muffins didn’t last 4 days in my house because they were that good, but they can definitely be saved for later!
On an apple kick? try some of these apple recipes!
- This Easy Vegan Apple Loaf is sure to satisfy!
- Still want more? Try these Easy Vegan Apple Blondies!
- My Vegan Apple Coffee Cake with Cinnamon Streusel is also a huge crowd pleaser!
Vegan Apple Walnut Muffins with Streusel Topping
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, melted
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 apples, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup softened butter
- 1/2 cup +1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- Pinch cinnamon
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Line a muffin tray with muffin liners or spray with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk melted butter and sugars until well combined.
- Next, add in almond milk, apple cider vinegar, cinnamon, and salt and whisk together.
- Add in flour and baking powder and whisk until no clumps remain.
- Add in chopped apples and walnuts and stir with a spatula until apple pieces and walnuts are mixed well into the batter.
How to make Cinnamon Streusel crumble topping
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, softened butter, flour, cinnamon, and oats and mix well with your hands. Try to squish the butter together between your fingers to get nice buttery/sugar chunks in your hands.
Baking the muffins
- Using a cookie scooper, spoon the batter evenly into each muffin liner and fill all the way to the top. Sprinkle your crumble over each muffin before placing in the oven.
- Place tray in the oven and bake for 35 minutes at 375ºF or until muffins are golden brown on top.
- Let cool for 10 minutes and enjoy!
*I am an amazon affiliate partner, and any purchase you make on this post makes me earn a commission. Thank you for your support!*
1 thought on “Vegan Apple Walnut Muffins with Streusel Topping”