Easy vegan apple blondies are the perfect way to kick off fall! They are so easy to make with only 15 minutes of prep time, made in one bowl with healthy ingredients, and are such a warm and comforting snack for the fall.
These are the best apple blondies because they’re made with wholesome ingredients and are such a fun twist on brownies! Instead of adding cocoa powder, we leave that out and add in some other ingredients. The tops of the blondies are not crackly like brownies because there is no cocoa in them, but they are still just as delicious. I can’t completely omit the chocolate, so chocolate chips were a must in this recipe.
Ingredients needed to make these easy vegan apple blondies
This blondie recipe is super simple and only requires main ingredients consisting of whole wheat flour, apples, chopped, some chopped nuts of your choice (I used cashews), almond milk (or any plant milk you like), chocolate chips, maple syrup, flax seeds, coconut oil, and applesauce. The cashews in this recipe add a delicious crunch, while the apples make these apple blondies super soft, sweet and delicious. The chocolate chips are just a no-brainer for me, because what’s dessert without some chocolate?
Tips on how to cut your apples
I prefer to peel my apples when making this recipe, but you can definitely leave the peel on if you’d like! I also love chopping the apples into small bite-sized pieces so that there is more apple pieces dispersed into the blondies. How I chop my apples is by cutting it in 4 (in half both ways), then removing the center/seeds from the apple. After that, I cut each slice in half and then begin chopping it into smaller pieces.
Baking tips to make the perfect easy vegan apple blondies
- Add all wet ingredients to your bowl first. I like adding the wet ingredients first and whisking it well so no clumps remain.
- Add in all dry ingredients, leaving out the apples, chocolate chips, and nuts. I continue to use my whisk to stir in the dry ingredients since you can be sure there won’t be any clumps from the flour.
- Fold in apples, chocolate chips, and nuts with a spatula. These ingredients will get stuck inside the whisk, so it is best to fold them with a spatula.
How to store your vegan apple blondies
You can keep your apple blondies in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week. You can also freeze them for about one month! Before enjoying, let them thaw out for 5-10 minutes and place in the microwave to make them warm and melt the chocolate (Drooling just thinking of that melted chocolate!).
Try out these delicious recipes to satisfy your sweet tooth!
- Fudgy Vegan Avocado Brownies
- Vegan Sweet Potato Pear Loaf
- The BEST Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Fluffy Vegan Banana Muffins
Easy Vegan Apple Blondies
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp flax seeds + 6 tbsp warm water)
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup almond milk (or any other plant milk of choice)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp natural smooth peanut butter (heaping tbsp)
- 1 tbsp applesauce
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 apples, chopped
- 1 handful chocolate chips
- 1 handful chopped cashews
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Spray a 9×9 inch glass baking dish with cooking spray and line with parchment paper and spray the paper once again. Set aside.
- Rinse, peel, and chop 2 medium-sized apples. Place chopped apples in a bowl and set aside.
- In a small bowl, make your flax eggs by adding 2 tbsp flax seeds + 6 tbsp warm water, and set aside for 5 minutes.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add in flax eggs, melted coconut oil, maple syrup, milk, applesauce and peanut butter. Whisk together until combined.
- Next, add in cinnamon, salt, whole wheat flour, and baking powder. Whisk well until no clumps remain.
- Then, add in chopped apples, cashews, and chocolate chips and stir with a spatula.
- Pour apple blondie batter in your baking dish and evenly spread out batter in the pan. Top with additional nuts, chocolate chips, or cinnamon if desired, and place in the oven and bake for 45 minutes.
- Once baked, remove from the oven and let cool for 10-15 minutes before removing from the baking dish.
- Place blondies on a cutting board and cut into 16 squares (make 4 rows horizontally and vertically). Enjoy!
You can use any type of nuts you like! This recipe can also be delicious with some walnuts, hazelnuts, chopped almonds, etc!
*I am an amazon affiliate partner, and any purchase you make on this post makes me earn a commission. Thank you for your support!*
2 thoughts on “Easy Vegan Apple Blondies”