Vegan cranberry pistachio biscotti are the best cookies to enjoy as a dessert, and especially with a warm cup of coffee. They’re crunchy on the outside but still so chewy when you take a bite. There’s also a delicious crunch from the pistachios and chewiness from the cranberries. If you’re looking for the best biscotti recipe to make, this is it! Biscotti may seem intimidating or long to make, but these are truly SO easy to make and you can definitely impress anyone who tries them. Plus, they taste so good, no one will even know these are vegan!
Ingredients you will need to make these vegan cranberry pistachio biscotti (and any substitutions)
- Flax seeds. Mix these with water to make your vegan egg.
- White sugar. For some sweetness.
- Vanilla extract. Adds a delicious flavour.
- Almond extract. Optional but I highly recommend including this because it adds such a nice hint og sweet almond to the biscotti!
- Olive oil. I haven’t tried using other oil (i.e. coconut oil) so I am not sure how it would turn out by substituting another type of oil.
- All purpose flour. I also haven’t tested this recipe with another type of flour, so I can’t guarantee the consistency will be the same.
- Baking powder. To make the biscotti fluffy and make them perfectly chewy.
- Salt. For good measure.
- Dried cranberries.
- Pistachios. I like to chop mine with a manual nut grinder, but you can also use a knife to make them into bigger chunks.
- Organic cane sugar. To sprinkle on top of the cookies before baking.
Tips on making the perfect biscotti
- Separate dough in half to make two logs. Make two biscotti logs so that the cookie size is somewhat smaller. Making one big log will result in very large and long biscotti. For an optimal shape, make two long logs about 4.5 inches wide and don’t flatten them too much; make the tops slightly rounded.
- Brush tops of the logs with extra olive oil. This will ensure the biscotti stay soft and will not burn while baking. This will also help the cane sugar to hold to the biscotti.
- Sprinkle organic cane sugar on top of biscotti. After brushing the olive oil, sprinkle a generous amount of cane sugar to cover the entire top of the biscotti before baking. I find this adds such a nice touch to the biscotti!
How to store your cranberry pistachio biscotti
Place your biscotti in an airtight container and keep them in the fridge for about 2-3 weeks. You can also freeze them for about 1-2 months. Don’t forget to enjoy these with a warm cup of coffee or an espresso!
Satisfy your sweet tooth!
If you’re looking for more sweet treats, look no further than my
- Easy Vegan Chocolate bark! No baking required and comes together in less than 10 minutes!
- You’re sure to love my Healthy No Bake Peanut Butter Truffles. A delicious mix of sweet and salty, and also no bake!
- If you’re looking for a more fruity dessert, you will adore my Vegan Apple Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies! Naturally sweetened and also double as a morning breakfast/snack!
Vegan Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp flax seeds + 6 tbsp warm water)
- 2/3 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract, optional but highly recommended
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup light olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios
- Extra olive oil to brush on top of cookie log before baking
- Organic cane sugar, to top
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Line a large baking tray with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat and set aside.
- In a small bowl, make your flax egg by combining 2 tbsp ground flax seeds and 6 tbsp warm water. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, add in flax eggs and remaining wet ingredients and whisk well.
- Add in all dry ingredients except cranberries and pistachios and mix well until all ingredients are combined.
- Fold in cranberries and chopped pistachios and mix until well incorporated into the dough.
- Using a spatula, separate your dough in half in your mixing bowl. Lightly oil your hands with olive oil and scoop out half the dough onto your baking tray. Form a log with the dough, about 4.5 inches wide and do not press down too much. Try to create a rounded top with the biscotti log. Repeat for other half of dough.
- Brush your two logs with olive oil and sprinkle a generous amount of cane sugar over the top.
- Bake for 40 minutes and let cool for about 10-15 minutes, or until they are completely cooled and ready to be cut.
- Slice your biscotti with a chef's knife on a cutting board, then place back on your baking tray on one side and bake at 275ºF for 10 minutes. Remove from oven, flip biscotti on the other side and bake for another 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let your biscotti cool and enjoy!
*I am an amazon affiliate partner, and any purchase you make on this post makes me earn a commission. Thank you for your support!*