Easy vegan chocolate bark is the perfect dessert or snack for when you’re craving something sweet (and salty!). If you ever have leftover melted chocolate from another recipe and don’t know what to do with it, this is your sign to make this delicious chocolate bark! Made with only four ingredients, no bake, and you can easily add in any other ingredients you’d like to this recipe.
Ingredients needed to make your vegan chocolate bark
- Melted Chocolate and Coconut oil. I used a blend of semi-sweet and white chocolate chips. If you have leftover melted chocolate from another recipe, feel free to use as much as you have! The coconut oil helps your chocolate melt smoothly and gives it a gorgeous, shiny look to it.
- Pretzels. To add a little bit of salty to the sweet chocolate.
- Crushed almonds. For an added crunch!
- Peanut Butter. I love adding this because it creates a smooth texture that mixes in with the chocolate, and provides a perfect balance of sweet and salty.
Tips on making the best chocolate bark ever
- Add any toppings you’d like! The more toppings the better. You can definitely add more semi-sweet chocolate chips, marshmallows, dried fruit, or whatever else your heart desires.
- Press the pretzels into the melted chocolate. Doing this will prevent them from sticking out of the chocolate when you freeze it, and when you break your chocolate into pieces it will break with the chocolate.
- Freeze the chocolate bark for at least 30 minutes before breaking into pieces. You want to do this to make sure the chocolate does not start melting when you start cutting into it. Especially if you try using your hands to break it up, it will start to melt!
How do I store my vegan chocolate bark?
You can place the chocolate bark pieces in an airtight container and keep it in the freezer for up to one month. Keeping it in the fridge will make the chocolate melt and will not last as long, so freezer is the best option!
- Try making my Healthy No Bake Peanut Butter Truffles! So festive and a fun holiday dessert.
- Craving something savoury? Try my Creamy Vegan Avocado Hummus as a perfect appetizer or snack.
- Another incredibly delicious no bake dessert you will fall in love with is my Vegan Pumpkin Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge. Trust me, you need to make these!
- If you’re looking for a cozy lunch or dinner to meal prep for the week, look no further than my Vegan Quinoa Stuffed Sweet Potatoes (GF)
Easy Vegan Chocolate bark
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil (used to melt chocolate chips)
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips + 1/2 tsp coconut oil to melt chocolate)
- 1/4 cup pretzels, broken into pieces
- 1-2 tbsp almonds, crushed
- 1 heaping tbsp natural smooth peanut butter, to drizzle
- Line a rectangular baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- Melt your semi-sweet chocolate chips and white chocolate chips in separate bowls in the microwave. Melt in 25-30 second increments, stirring in between.
- Pour melted semi-sweet chocolate on the middle of your parchment lined tray and use a spoon to spread out your chocolate evenly.
- Drizzle white chocolate over the melted semi-sweet chocolate with a spoon.
- Next, sprinkle your crushed almonds over the melted chocolate.
- Then, add in your crushed pretzels and press them gently into the melted chocolate.
- Lastly, drizzle a heaping tablespoon of peanut butter over your chocolate bark, then let set in the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- Once chocolate bark has frozen completely, cut into pieces with a knife or your hands and enjoy!
*I am an amazon affiliate partner, and any purchase you make on this post makes me earn a commission. Thank you for your support!*