These vegan no bake berry oat cups are the best healthy and refined sugar-free snack to enjoy in the morning or afternoon! The oat cup is made with oats, peanut butter, and maple syrup, and the berry jam is a mixture of raspberries and strawberries! For some extra added sweetness, they are topped with melted chocolate. No baking time required and you can keep them in the freezer for an easy on-the-go snack!
Ingredients you will need to make your no-bake berry oat cups
- Oats: The oats are your main ingredient in the oat cup! You can use quick or rolled oats, but not steel cut oats. Bob’s red Mill are my favourite!
- Natural Smooth Peanut butter: This will act as the binding ingredient to make the oats stick together. It also adds a delicious flavour mixed with the berries and chocolate.
- Maple Syrup: This will also help the oats and peanut butter stick together and give the oat cups a natural sweetness.
- Frozen berries: I like to use a mix of raspberries, strawberries, and blueberries. They will be what naturally sweetens your oat cups. Make sure your berries are frozen so you can easily thaw them out and mash them into a jam consistency.
- Chia Seeds: Adding chia seeds to the frozen berries is what will make you achieve a jam consistency. Adding only frozen berries will make it too watery.
- Chocolate: You can use chocolate chips or pieces of a chocolate bar. You can use dark chocolate if you’d like, but make sure your chocolate is vegan if you want to make this recipe vegan.
- Coconut Oil: Adding coconut oil to the chocolate while melting it makes it more smooth.
Tips on making the perfect no-bake berry oat cups
- Make your homemade jam first. The jam is made from frozen berries and chia seeds. For the jam to thicken, it needs to sit for a little while. This is why it is best to make it first, and then make your oat cup.
- Let your oat cups harden in the freezer. When you are making the oat base, it is important to place them in the freezer for at least 5-10 minutes so they can harden before adding the berry layer. When you finish making them, it’s also important that you store them in the freezer so they don’t melt.
- Top your chocolate layer with some flaky salt. This is optional, but highly recommended. The little bit of salt brings out the sweetness of the chocolate and is just absolutely delicious!
How to store your berry cups
Place your berry oat cups in an airtight container and place in the freezer. They will last up to one month. Placing these oat cups in the fridge will make them melt. Before enjoying, leave your oat cup out for 10-15 minutes before eating.
Still craving more?
- If you like these, then you’ll love my No Bake Peanut Butter Energy Balls. Comes together in 10 minutes and perfect for an on-the-go snack!
- Nothing will beat The BEST Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies!
- You will fall in love with my chewy Vegan Gluten-Free Chocolate Zucchini Loaf! So easy to make and delicious!
Vegan No Bake Berry Oat Cups
These vegan no bake berry oat cups are the perfect healthy, vegan and refined sugar-free snack! Made with peanut butter, oats, berries and chocolate. This perfectly balanced berry oat cup is sure to keep you full throughout the day!
For Oat Cup
- 1 ½ cups + 2 tbsp oats any type of oats
- ½ cup + 1 tbsp natural smooth peanut butter
- 1/3 cup maple syurp
For Berry Jam Layer
- 3/4 cup frozen raspberries
- 12 frozen strawberries, about 1 heaping cup
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
For Chocolate Layer
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Flaky salt, to sprinkle on melted chocolate (optional)
For Berry Jam Layer
- Place your raspberries and strawberries in a bowl with hot water and let sit for 10 minutes until berries are extremely soft and can be mashed.
- Drain water from the bowl, and use a fork or masher to mash berries into a jam until no large chunks remain.
- Add in 2 tbsp of chia seeds to the mashed berries and stir well to incorporate the chia seeds. Set the bowl aside for 10-15 minutes for the jam to thicken.
For Oat Cup
- In a medium sized bowl, add oats, maple syrup, and peanut butter and combine all ingredients together with a spoon or spatula. Stir until oats are sticky and maple syrup and peanut butter have completely blended into the oats.
- In a silicone muffin mold, scoop 1 heaping tbsp of your oat mixture into each mold and press down with the back of a spoon or your hands to form the oat cup shape. Repeat for remaining molds.
- Place in the freezer for 10-15 minutes to harden.
- Remove from the freezer and add 1 tbsp of berry jam to each oat cup, then place back in the freezer to harden for 15-20 minutes.
For Chocolate Layer
- Add chocolate chips and coconut oil to a bowl and melt in microwave in increments of 25-30 seconds, stirring between each increment until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Remove oat cups with berry layer from the freezer and drizzle melted chocolate on top. Sprinkle some flaky salt on top if desired, then place back in the freezer for 15-20 minutes to harden. Enjoy!
How to Store: Place your berry oat cups in an airtight container and store them in the freezer for up to one month. Before enjoying, let thaw out at room temperature for 10-15 minutes.
1 thought on “Vegan No Bake Berry Oat Cups”