Creamy vegan avocado hummus. Or should I say avohummus, or hummamole? However you want to call it, guacamole and hummus are probably two of the best things that exist, so I decided to combine them. And let me tell you, this is an outcome you do not want to pass up on! If you have never been able to choose between hummus or guacamole, this recipe is for you. Don’t just take my word for it, Well and Good wrote an article all about this recipe!
I had a super ripe avocado lying on my counter, so I combined it with a can of chickpeas and basically made the most delicious and creamy vegan avocado hummus I’ve ever tasted. It takes about 10 minutes to make and is great to have a snack, bring to a dinner party, or enjoy alone or amongst family and friends!
Creamy vegan avocado hummus ingredients
- Chickpeas. One of the main ingredients for this avocado hummus.
- Avocado. The second main ingredient!
- Garlic Cloves. This adds a lot of flavour to the avocado hummus, and is much more potent than adding garlic powder. If you don’t like too much garlic, I would recommend using 1-2 cloves, since it can be very powerful.
- Spices. I used salt, pepper, and turmeric
- Olive Oil. For some extra flavour and to make it extra smooth.
- Tahini. This adds a great taste to the dip, and is traditionally used in store-bought hummus.
- Water. Used to make the hummus consistency less thick.
Tips on how to store your creamy vegan avocado hummus
Once you make your avocado hummus, place it in a glass container with the avocado pit in it! If you will be eating the avocado hummus as soon as you make it, only add the avocado pit once you are ready to store it in the fridge. This pit will stop the avocado hummus from changing colours and keep it fresh for longer. So, you will be able to store this dip in the fridge for about 4-5 days.
If you are looking for more delicious recipes to enjoy with this appetizer, you will love my Creamy Vegan Alfredo Sauce with Sun-dried Tomatoes. Takes only 15 minutes to come together, and is such a fun take on pasta! It is a definite crowd pleaser.
- You’ll fall in love with my easy Chickpea “egg” Salad Wraps! No cooking required and the perfect meal to prep for a vegan protein-packed lunch.
- My Easy Vegan Pasta Salad. Because you can never have too many easy and delicious pasta recipes.
- Check out my Vegan White Bean Spinach Burgers (GF) for a delicious and fun weekend dinner!
Creamy Vegan Avocado Hummus
- 1 can chickpeas rinsed and drained (540 ml can)
- 3 whole garlic cloves, peeled (*can use 1-2 garlic cloves if you prefer a less intense garlic flavour)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 ripe medium avocado
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp tahini
- 3-4 tbsp Water, to thin (depending on how thick or thin you want your hummus to be you can add more or less. Add the water a little bit at a time and keep mixing to check consistency)
- Rinse, drain, and slightly dry chickpeas and place into a food processor.
- Add in remaining ingredients and spices except water and pulse until well combined.
- Add in water to thin, 1 tbsp at a time and stir with your spoon to check consistency desired. Hummus should still be thick enough to hold on the spoon and not drip off.
- Place in an airtight container and enjoy with bread, crackers, or veggies (carrots, cucumbers, etc).
*I am an amazon affiliate partner, and any purchase you make on this post makes me earn a commission. Thank you for your support!*