This creamy vegan Alfredo sauce with sun-dried tomatoes is the easiest and most delicious pasta sauce recipe you can make! Made with wholesome ingredients like cashews, plant milk, nutritional yeast, vegan cheese, and sun-dried tomatoes of course. Takes only 15 minutes to cook and is perfect to meal prep for the week!
Ingredients you’ll need to make this creamy vegan Alfredo sauce with sun-dried tomatoes
- Cashews. Can be whole cashews or chopped since they will be blended.
- Spices. A mix of salt, pepper, turmeric, and garlic powder.
- Olive oil.
- Almond milk. Or any plant milk of choice, just make sure it is original unsweetened. Otherwise, you’ll have some sweet tasting pasta!
- Nutritional yeast. For a cheezy taste!
- Vegan shredded cheese. I used cheddar, but you can definitely use any flavour you’d like such as mozzarella, provolone, etc.
- Pasta water. To make your alfredo sauce slightly less thick.
- Sun-dried tomatoes. I absolutely love the flavour this adds to the alfredo sauce. You can omit these but I highly recommend giving it a try!
- Pasta. I like using rigatoni with this sauce, but you can eat this alfredo sauce with any pasta of your choice.
Tips on making the best creamy vegan alfredo sauce
- Boil your cashews first for 10 minutes. Most people say to soak them overnight, but who’s got time for that!? Simply boil your cashews for 10 minutes, drain them, and pour them in the blender with your other ingredients.
- Cook your pasta while you’re boiling your cashews. This speeds up the cooking time and also helps you make this sauce, since you’ll be needing that pasta water for the sauce!
- If you drained your pasta and forgot to save some water for the sauce, no worries! Just pour in some regular water to the blender. Make sure to adjust your seasoning as it may be less salty.
- Add your pasta water gradually. I like my alfredo sauce to be not too thick but also not too watery. I know everyone likes their sauce differently, so pour in the pasta water a bit at a time and blend until you’ve got the perfect consistency.
How long can I keep my alfredo sauce pasta?
You can keep this vegan alfredo sauce in the fridge for up to one week. I wouldn’t recommend freezing it since it is best to eat fresh, especially with the sun-dried tomatoes.
Craving more deliciousness?
- If you’re craving more savoury recipes, try my easy Chickpea “egg” salad wraps! No cooking required and are perfect for meal prep!
- Craving something sweet? Why not make the BEST Vegan Chocolate chip cookies? You won’t regret it.
- Looking for a wholesome weeknight dinner? Look no further than my gluten-free and vegan quinoa stuffed sweet potatoes.
Creamy Vegan Alfredo Sauce with Sun-dried Tomatoes
- 1 cup cashews, cooked (boil for 10 Minutes)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2/3 cup almond milk or plant milk or choice
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup shredded vegan cheese, flavour of choice (I used cheddar)
- 4 tbsp pasta water
- Sun-dried tomatoes, to top
- 4 cups uncooked Pasta of choice (450 g of pasta, I used rigatoni)
- In a small pot, boil water for your cashews. Once water begins to boil, add cashews and let them boil for 10 minutes. Turn off the burner, drain the cashews, and set aside.
- In a large pot, boil water for your pasta. Once water comes to a boil, add in your pasta and let it cook for required time.
- To a blender, add cashews, spices, olive oil, almond milk, nutritional yeast, vegan cheese, and pasta water. (Add pasta water a bit at a time depending on how thick/creamy you want your sauce). Blend until nice and creamy.
- Drain your pasta once it is boiled, add it to a bowl and pour alfredo sauce over your pasta. Top with sun-dried tomatoes and some of the oil from the jar and enjoy!
*I am an amazon affiliate partner, and any purchase you make on this post makes me earn a commission. Thank you for your support!*