What could be better than biting into a fluffy vegan banana muffin? Basically nothing. That’s why you need to make these fluffy vegan banana muffins. Sweetened with bananas and a touch of maple syrup, it makes for the perfect mid morning snack or post-dinner dessert. These muffins are also gluten-free and refined sugar-free. Like I said, what could be better than this?
These fluffy vegan banana muffins are also gluten-free since they are made with almond flour and oat flour. However, oats can sometimes contain traces of gluten, so if you are gluten intolerant it’s best to make sure the oat bag says it is certified gluten-free.
Ingredients needed to make these banana muffins
You’ll need some wet and dry ingredients. For the wet, you will need bananas, peanut butter, maple syrup, and almond milk. As for the dry ingredients, you’ll need flax seeds (for the flax egg), almond flour, oat flour, baking powder and baking soda, some cinnamon, and chocolate chips.
How to store your vegan banana muffins
You can place these muffins in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week. You can also freeze them by placing them in an airtight container and putting them in the freezer for up to one month.
It would be a crime to not make these muffins since it only takes about 30 minutes to make, and gives you 12 muffins. Perfect to meal prep for the week whenever hunger strikes! If you’re looking for more delicious vegan desserts, you will love my Vegan Gluten-Free Chocolate Zucchini Loaf!
Fluffy Vegan Banana Muffins (GF)
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp flax, 3 tbsp hot water)
- 1 tbsp natural creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Make flax egg: In a small bowl, add 1 tbsp flax seeds and 3 tbsp hot water and let sit for 5 minutes.
- If you do not have oat flour, take a food processor and pulse 1/2 of oats until blended into a flour texture. Remove from your food processor and place in a separate bowl.
- In the bowl, add in all dry ingredients and mix until all dry ingredients are combined.
- In a food processor, add in all wet ingredients, including flax egg and pulse until all ingredients are well combined.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and use a spatula to mix batter together.
- Fold in chocolate chips with spatula.
- Line or spray a muffin tray with muffin liners or cooking spray and scoop dough with cookie scooper to make sure all muffins have an equal amount of batter in them. Top muffins with additional chocolate chips.
- Place in the oven and let cook for 30 minutes at 350ºF.
- Once they are cooked, remove from the oven and let cool for at least 10-15 minutes. Remove from the muffin tray and place in an airtight container.
How to freeze: place muffins in an airtight container in the freezer for up to one month. Before eating, leave out for 30 minutes, then place in the microwave to heat up.