Fluffy vegan pumpkin bread is the perfect snack or dessert to enjoy in the colder months. Who says pumpkin is only reserved for the month of October? With a pumpkin bread like this, you’ll want to make it all the time! This vegan pumpkin bread is the ultimate level of fluff, super moist, and full of flavour. The delicious hints of pumpkin pie spice, chocolate, and the crunch of walnuts give this bread a beautiful texture.
What do I need to make this fluffy vegan pumpkin bread?
For the wet ingredients, you will firstly need some pure pumpkin puree. I would not recommend using pumpkin pie filling because it is full of added sweeteners. If you buy pure pumpkin, you’ll be sure to get just that. You will also need some applesauce, maple syrup, vanilla, and two flax eggs.
As for the dry ingredients, you will need some coconut sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice, all-purpose flour, and some salt. Then simply stir in your chocolate chips and crushed walnuts at the end.
Tips on how to make your vegan pumpkin loaf
- Add all wet ingredients first. Since this recipe is done in one bowl with a hand mixer (or a stand mixer) it’s easiest to mix the wet ingredients first, then add in the dry.
- Try to keep the walnut chunks bigger. I like to crush the walnuts into only 3 pieces with my hands or a knife. I find that the walnuts get lost if the pieces are too small!
- Line your loaf pan. I used to only spray my loaf pan, but you don’t want to risk your pumpkin bread getting stuck! What I love to do is spray my loaf pan first, then add some parchment paper, then spray the parchment paper again. That way, once your pumpkin bread is cooked and cooled, you can get it out of the pan instantly!
How do I store my vegan pumpkin loaf?
You can place your fluffy vegan pumpkin loaf in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week. Or, you can place it in an airtight container and store it in the freezer for about one month.
If you’re looking for more baking inspiration, make my chewy vegan gingerbread cookies!
Fluffy Vegan Pumpkin Bread
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 flax eggs ( 2 tbsp flax seeds + 6 tbsp warm water)
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour + 2 tbsp
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup walnuts crushed
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Prepare your loaf pan by spraying it with cooking spray, lining it with parchment paper, and spraying the parchment paper with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, prepare your flax egg by adding 2 tbsp of flax seeds, then adding 6 tbsp of warm water. Let sit for 5 minutes to set.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add in flax eggs, pumpkin puree, applesauce, and maple syrup and mix well with a hand mixer.
- Next, add in coconut sugar, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and vanilla and mix well until all ingredients are well combined.
- Then, add in your flour, a bit at a time (you can use a tablespoon to scoop your flour and add it to your bowl slowly). Mix with a hand mixer as you incorporate your flour to the batter.
- Once flour is all incorporated, use a spatula to scrape down any remaining flour on the side of the bowl, and mix one more time.
- Fold in your chocolate chips and crushed walnuts with a spatula.
- Pour your batter into your lined loaf pan and sprinkle extra chocolate chips and walnuts on top of your loaf before cooking if desired. Let loaf cook for one hour at 350ºF.
- Once cooked, remove from oven, and let cool before enjoying!
**I am an amazon affiliate partner, and any purchase you make on this post make me earn a commission. Thank you for your support!**