Fluffy vegan pumpkin bread is the perfect snack or dessert to enjoy in the colder months. This vegan pumpkin bread is the ultimate level of fluff, super moist, and full of flavour. The delicious hints of pumpkin pie spice, chocolate, and the crunch of walnuts give this bread a beautiful texture. It makes a great morning snack or dessert! It’s made in one bowl with minimal ingredients and takes only 20 minutes to come together.
Ingredients you’ll need to make this fluffy vegan pumpkin bread
- Pure pumpkin puree. The star ingredient of this pumpkin bread!
- Flax seeds. This will be mixed with water and act as our egg replacement.
- Applesauce. For some added sweetness and the healthier alternative to oil.
- Brown Sugar. For some added sweetness. You can also swap this for coconut sugar.
- Maple syrup. To naturally sweeten this pumpkin loaf.
- Cinnamon. What would pumpkin bread be without some cinnamon!
- Pumpkin Pie Spice. For the perfect amount of spice you need for this loaf. Allspice can also work!
- Vanilla extract. For a little extra sweetness.
- All purpose flour.
- Chocolate chips. No loaf would be complete without chocolate.
- Walnuts. Optional but definitely adds the perfect amount of crunch.
What ingredients can I substitute in this recipe?
You can swap out the brown sugar for coconut sugar if you want your bread to be a little healthier. You can also use allspice if you do not have pumpkin pie spice. The flavours are pretty similar and still give this loaf such a beautiful scent and taste.
Tips on how to make your fluffy vegan pumpkin bread
- Add all wet ingredients first. This recipe is made in one bowl with either a hand mixer or a spatula, so it’s easiest to mix the wet ingredients first, then add in the dry.
- Fold in your chocolate chips and crushed walnuts. Especially if you will be making this recipe with a hand mixer, you should fold in the chocolate chips and walnuts with a spatula. If you continue using your hand mixer, it may crush up your chocolate and walnuts more than necessary.
- Line your loaf pan. I used to only spray my loaf pan, but you don’t want to risk your pumpkin bread getting stuck! What I like to do is spray my loaf pan first, then add some parchment paper, then spray the parchment paper again. That way, once your pumpkin bread is cooked and cooled, you can get it out of the pan instantly!
How to store this moist pumpkin loaf
You can store this fluffy vegan pumpkin bread in the fridge for up to one week. You can also freeze it for up to one month!
- Indulge yourself in fall baking with my Vegan Apple Coffee Cake with Cinnamon Streusel
- Looking for a cozy autumn dinner you can meal prep for the week? Make my Sweet Potato Chickpea Buddha Bowl
- Craving something chocolatey? Make my incredible Vegan Gluten-Free Chocolate Zucchini Loaf
Fluffy Vegan Pumpkin Bread
- 1 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp flax seeds + 6 tbsp warm water)
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour + 2 tbsp
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup walnuts crushed
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Prepare your loaf pan by spraying it with cooking spray, lining it with parchment paper, and spraying the parchment paper with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, prepare your flax egg by adding 2 tbsp of flax seeds and 6 tbsp of warm water. Let set for 5 minutes.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add in flax eggs, pumpkin puree, applesauce, and maple syrup and mix well with a hand mixer or whisk.
- Next, add in brown sugar, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and vanilla and mix well until all ingredients are well combined.
- Then, add in your flour and mix until well combined and no flour chunks remain.
- Fold in your chocolate chips and crushed walnuts with a spatula.
- Pour your batter into your lined loaf pan and sprinkle extra chocolate chips and walnuts on top of your loaf before baking. Let the loaf cook for one hour at 350ºF.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven, and let cool before enjoying!
How to freeze: Place loaf in an airtight container in the freezer for up to one month.
*I am an amazon affiliate partner, and any purchase you make on this post makes me earn a commission. I will only recommend brands that I use and trust. Thank you for your support!*