Vegan sweet potato pear loaf is the perfect snack to have on hand for the week. Sweet potato and pears may seem like an interesting mix for a loaf, but don’t knock it till’ you try it! While you meal prep your lunch and dinner recipes for the week, don’t forget to prep healthy snacks too! This loaf is loaded with vegetables and fruits so that you can get in your vitamins in loaf form. The pears and sweet potatoes make this loaf pillow soft and sweet, so you don’t need any artificial sweeteners!
Ingredients needed to make this vegan sweet potato pear loaf
For the wet ingredients you will need:
- Sweet Potato Puree: For this puree, I like to steam or boil 1-2 potatoes and then mash them. Do not add any salt or spices to it since we do not want it adding any flavour to this loaf.
- Maple Syrup: this recipe only requires 1/4 cup of maple syrup for the entire loaf! It helps to bring out a little more sweetness from the applesauce and pears.
- Applesauce: I like to make homemade applesauce and use it in my recipes, but you can buy already made applesauce that has minimal ingredients in it.
- Almond Milk: This adds a little more of a nutty flavour to the loaf and helps make it more fluffy and soft.
- Chia Egg: I normally use a flax egg for my baked goods, but I like to change it up sometimes and use a chia egg! Chia seeds are loaded with fibre, and when combined with water become very sticky and resemble an egg. I would not recommend using a flax egg because I have no tested it with this recipe.
- Chopped Pears: For the added sweetness and fruit! It wouldn’t be a sweet potato pear loaf without the pears!
And for the dry ingredients, you will need:
- Baking Powder and Baking Soda: to make your sweet potato pear loaf rise and become super fluffy! This loaf grows significantly in the oven, so you’ll need this duo.
- Cinnamon: to add a sweet flavour to your loaf.
- All-purpose Flour: the main dry ingredient you will need to make your loaf. I have not tested any other flours with this loaf, but regular all-purpose white flour gives it an amazing texture.
- Crushed Walnuts: For an added crunch and omega-3 boost! (along with so many other health benefits!)
- Chocolate Chips: For some extra sweetness! (Plus, what’s dessert without some chocolate chips?)
Tips on making the perfect vegan sweet potato pear loaf
- Mix in all wet ingredients first. Combine the sweet potato puree, maple syrup, chia eggs, applesauce, and almond milk together with a hand mixer first.
- Add in baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon after adding all the wet ingredients. Add these three ingredients with your hand mixer. Then add in your flour.
- Fold in your chopped pears, chocolate chips, and crushed walnuts last. Do not use your hand mixer to add in these ingredients! You want the chopped pears to stay whole, as well as the chocolate chips.
How to store your Loaf
You can place your loaf in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week. If you would like to freeze it, you can! It can stay in the freezer in an airtight container for up to one month.
If you’re looking for more fruit-filled snacks and desserts, try making my vegan nutty apple blondies! They are so soft, lightly sweetened, and have a delicious crunch from the nuts!
Vegan Sweet Potato Pear Loaf
- 2 chia eggs (2 tbsp chia seeds + 6 tbsp warm water)
- 1/2 cup sweet potato puree
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 medium sized pear, peeled and chopped into cubes
- 1/3 cup crushed walnuts
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Take a loaf pan and spray with cooking spray or line with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, make your 2 chia eggs. Add 2 tbsp of chia seeds and 6 tbsp of water and let sit for 2-5 minutes.
- In a medium sized bowl, add in the sweet potato puree, maple syrup, 2 chia eggs, applesauce, and almond milk, and mix with a hand mixer until well combined.
- Next, add in cinnamon, baking powder, and baking soda and mix well.
- Then, add in your flour a bit at a time while mixing with your hand mixer.
- Once all the flour is added to the bowl, pour in chopped pears, walnuts, and chocolate chips and fold in with a spatula.
- Pour batter into loaf pan and let cook for one hour.
- Once cooked, remove from oven and let cool for 15-20 minutes. Slice and enjoy!
**I am an amazon affiliate partner, and any purchase you make on this post make me earn a commission. Thank you for your support!**